4.0 Inch ReadyLift kit.... Thoughts?

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Bbeckwith 3.0 duramax HC said:

I didn’t know asking for help was something a baby boomer did. I’d like to see you talk shit in real life. 

I’m going to assume you just got your Testosterone shot at your local Low T center... Take a Xanax, keyboard warrior. Simply stating that it’s prob not smart to post your number on a public forum ?

Edited by TheTicketTX
  • Like 3

LA, what were the issues that you had with it? I've had mine on now for about a month. Waiting on my BORA .375" spacers to mount my 35x11.5 Ridge Grapplers.  I ordered .25" spacers but the tires still contacted the UCAs at droop.  I feel like my driver side CV axle is binding at a certain point.  Passenger side wheel spins freely, but driver side I have to force to spin for about 30 degrees each rotation. Thanks

I'll chime in since I probably have the most miles on it. I put the kit on in April/2019 with about 300 miles on the truck and I have almost 10k miles on it now. Haven't had a single issue with the kit. No rusting or failing bushings/ball joint. The kit is a really soft ride because you're utilizing factory shocks and it also causes a loss of traction over really bumpy stuff, but that is on the factory shocks. Overall, I would highly recommend the kit.

The only other thing is that I am dying to change the stock shocks. The rear shocks are definitely on their way out because you can feel it, but the front left has now started making a noise too and the truck has begun to give off that floating feeling (so to speak). The truck hasn't seen any abuse as I moved to another state and have been focused on work so it's just another Silverado with hit or miss shocks. Been waiting on Bilstein since I put the kit on but nothing, and there really isn't too many options. Just going to get the stock ones replaced under warranty next time I need an oil change.

Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 6:50 PM, Ericruiz911 said:

I'll chime in since I probably have the most miles on it. I put the kit on in April/2019 with about 300 miles on the truck and I have almost 10k miles on it now. Haven't had a single issue with the kit. No rusting or failing bushings/ball joint. The kit is a really soft ride because you're utilizing factory shocks and it also causes a loss of traction over really bumpy stuff, but that is on the factory shocks. Overall, I would highly recommend the kit.

The only other thing is that I am dying to change the stock shocks. The rear shocks are definitely on their way out because you can feel it, but the front left has now started making a noise too and the truck has begun to give off that floating feeling (so to speak). The truck hasn't seen any abuse as I moved to another state and have been focused on work so it's just another Silverado with hit or miss shocks. Been waiting on Bilstein since I put the kit on but nothing, and there really isn't too many options. Just going to get the stock ones replaced under warranty next time I need an oil change.

Hope this helps

Are you using the factory wheels and if so what size wheels and tires are you running, also did you have to use the wheel spacers if so?