Rattling from Instrument Cluster

Good morning. This is the first post Ive ever needed to do so here it goes. For the past few months Ive noticed a rattling sound coming from what appears to be the instrument cluster on my 2015 Silverado 1500. It only does it when Im going between 70-80 mph(roughly) and the rpms are around 2k.(Short video attached). I just spoke to the dealership and of course whether or not the warranty would cover it or not is subject to the diagnosis. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be to where I could get an idea of what may be going on before I take it to the dealership. Just trying to have all my ducks in a row before I take it to them blindly. The ideal situation would be that the issue would be covered under warrantt obviously but I dont want to take it up there and then get roped into a huge bill either. Thanks for any help.

E45265FD-95BF-44C5-AF01-533EEEA4A25A.MOV

Do you have the infamous "chevy shake" ?  Does the whole truck vibrate or shimmy?

This typically occurs between 70-80 mph.

So it may not just be your instrument cluster. Something in the steering shaft or engine area could be working thru into your dash.

1 hour ago, J1Bulldog said:

Yes I do have the “chevy shake”. I determined that after searching for posts talking a out similar issues as mine. 

You may want to pull the lower panel where your hood release is. There have been several people that have some VERY VISIBLE screws under that panel rattling loose, super simple fix. The noise can sound like the instrument panel.

There was a piece of plastic on my obd2 port that was loose and would rattle when I would drive on rough roads or hit bumps, ended up shoving a small piece of fabric in between it and it quit

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I had the rattle several times. Twice it was under the long dash insert.. Wires were rattling against the plastic cover just like the previous generation of trucks. 

Another stemmed from my LOC under the dash for my amp .

This last rattle I had came out of nowhere and it was the 4 screws on the panel under the steering column. They had worked out about 1/4". 

If you sit in the truck and tap around with your fingers you may be able to narrow down were the rattle is. Sometimes you can think the noise is coming from one place but it ends up coming from something nearby. 

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:46 AM, SS502 said:

You may want to pull the lower panel where your hood release is. There have been several people that have some VERY VISIBLE screws under that panel rattling loose, super simple fix. The noise can sound like the instrument panel.

6 minutes ago, michigan2500hd said:

I had the rattle several times. Twice it was under the long dash insert.. Wires were rattling against the plastic cover just like the previous generation of trucks. 

Another stemmed from my LOC under the dash for my amp .

This last rattle I had came out of nowhere and it was the 4 screws on the panel under the steering column. They had worked out about 1/4". 

If you sit in the truck and tap around with your fingers you may be able to narrow down were the rattle is. Sometimes you can think the noise is coming from one place but it ends up coming from something nearby. 

This is a fairly common occurrence for those who may have a rattle...that noise can be hard to track down and seems to come from a few different areas, mine were tight. My only rattle came from the passenger side visor mirror cover, put two felt cupboard discs on it and it stopped.