Need help dead in the parking lot P0106 code

The truck stumbled pulling into the parking lot. then I barely got the truck to back into a parking spot. It was sputtering and shaking like it was about to cut off. It sounded like old steam engine tractor. No codes at this point so I cut it off the tried to cut it right back on and got a check engine light. I read it and it was P0106 manifold absolute pressure.

So I went to auto zone and bought a new Map sensor and nothing changed. Still no start

Now the thing is the new sensor was shaped alittle different then the one I pulled out of the truck.  

And the main thing I noticed is the new sensor wasn’t even close to being tight when I pushed it down in the hole. The old one was hard to pull out.

im lost

Here is the issue. I would check the maf fuse then i would meter out the wires. There is ground, ref, power and some 5v wires. 

Im not convinced it is the Baro may be the MAP sensor in the intake. It is bolted down right next to the throttle body. 

The  map sensor only reads the vacuum in the  manifold.. If the engine is running rough,  the  vacuum is low.. This is not a fault of the sensor.. 

Too many people shotgunning parts without being properly diagnosed..

Sounds like a lifter failing to me. Pull the valve cover off and run it. 

• Like 1

I don’t think throwing a 35 dollar sensor on there in the middle of a parking lot 15 mins from your house where all your tools are.  Is shotgunning.  It’s trying to work with what you have.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JONBLARC7 said:

I don’t think throwing a 35 dollar sensor on there in the middle of a parking lot 15 mins from your house where all your tools are.  Is shotgunning.  It’s trying to work with what you have.

I see your point.. You must have a P0300 misfire code also. Have you found the problem?

The  map sensor only reads the vacuum in the  manifold.. If the engine is running rough,  the  vacuum is low.. This is not a fault of the sensor.. 
Too many people shotgunning parts without being properly diagnosed..
Sounds like a lifter failing to me. Pull the valve cover off and run it. 
Really is reminiscent... Same symptoms runs ruff and dies.

Going to crack it open pull a valve cover tomorrow and see.  Been to busy with work and other things to look.  Luckily my mom still has my dads old car so I can drive it.  Take my time and try and do it my self.  I’m just going to buy a DOD kit and pull both heads.  Maybe a cheap cam and stick a LT4 cam in there.   I just can’t find any info if a LT4 cam losses a ton of bottom end like the old LS9 cams did on trucks.  I would like to supercharge my 6.2 in a year or so so that bigger fuel lob would be great

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:36 PM, JONBLARC7 said:

I tried a new and correct Map sensor.  And it change nothing.  I could be wrong but I don’t think a sensor would do this.  It’s shaking the engine like it bent a rod.

Kind of sounds/looks like my 16 did when it broke a push rod on cylinder #4.

It was a broken valve spring.  I had it towed back to my house and hooked up my VCM scanner for HP tuner.  To look for a miss fire.  Sure enough #5 was missing.  So I pull the drivers side valve cover and luckily it was just a valve spring.  5.50 for a new spring and 60 bucks for TSP valve spring compressor tool.  I rushed shipped it so it was a-little more expensive than it should be.  As long as the push rod it fine I should be on the road in a day or two.

11b26c1d_a9af_4fd3_8ce2_45a75781c6b8_aa7eb8d2eee4fcac6dd79afbd814ec0366749767.jpeg