kwOH’s 2014 RCSB Silverado Work Truck Daily Driver Build

kwOH

33 minutes ago, kwOH said:

Not particularly, Im open to a crew cab, but also open to regular cab. No shortbed, but with the changes to the wheel base on the new platform, the long bed is actually fairly proportionate.

Not a fan of the double cab either.

D'oh! I'm so miffed about them discontinuing the RCSB that I forgot the RCLB was still an option.

I was just trying to think of a "recent event" that would cause that beauty to get "demoted".

• Like 1

D'oh! I'm so miffed about them discontinuing the RCSB that I forgot the RCLB was still an option.

I was just trying to think of a "recent event" that would cause that beauty to get "demoted".

New job, more daily wear and tear, and need for new toy lol
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
BUMP C'mon man. Don't make me beg. 

Nobody cares about regular cab V6 work truck 17s.........c’mon man, if your truck doesn’t eat steroids and spit out 4cylinders, then you should just buy a Tesla. Psh.

17 minutes ago, kwOH said:

Nobody cares about regular cab V6 work truck 17s.........c’mon man, if your truck doesn’t eat steroids and spit out 4cylinders, then you should just buy a Tesla. Psh.

Well let me introduce myself. I'm Mr. Nobody. Now...give :crackup:

PM me the photo if you like but I would really like to see these wheels in a side shot on your truck. Pepper may look nice in those shoes. 

Well let me introduce myself. I'm Mr. Nobody. Now...give default_crackup.gif   PM me the photo if you like but I would really like to see these wheels in a side shot on your truck. Pepper may look nice in those shoes.      

Ill get one for you, ran out of time that day, I want to get it cleaned up and get a proper pic.      

I tried to get the wheels in the pic a little, since I put on the silver bowtie to match, when I changed the lights.

May have to change the turn signal bulbs tho, turn signals hyper flash when the headlights are on. Been meaning to ask [mention=212593]doubeleive[/mention] about that...

Ill sell the wheels too you lol..........

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kwOH said:

Ill get one for you, ran out of time that day, I want to get it cleaned up and get a proper pic.      

I tried to get the wheels in the pic a little, since I put on the silver bowtie to match, when I changed the lights.

May have to change the turn signal bulbs tho, turn signals hyper flash when the headlights are on. Been meaning to ask [mention=212593]doubeleive[/mention] about that...

are your blinkers also a marker light or are they blinker only?

2 hours ago, kwOH said:

Yeah they are marker lights too

That's probably why mine are blinker only, you might try one of there other bulbs that is for marker/blinker they have different styles like this one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amber-Yellow-7440-LED-Turn-Signal-Parking-Light-No-Hyper-Flash-Canbus-Error-Free/114168131672?hash=item1a94f37058:g:hZ0AAOSwQURehm0Q

does that light have it's own wire harness? on mine there is just a tiny socket it twist's into on the light housing

• Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 3:57 PM, kwOH said:

Are you low on blinker fluid? 

Visine - Wikipedia

:) 

• Like 1

That's probably why mine are blinker only, you might try one of there other bulbs that is for marker/blinker they have different styles like this one
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amber-Yellow-7440-LED-Turn-Signal-Parking-Light-No-Hyper-Flash-Canbus-Error-Free/114168131672?hash=item1a94f37058:g:hZ0AAOSwQURehm0Q
does that light have it's own wire harness? on mine there is just a tiny socket it twist's into on the light housing

Those look identical to the ones I have, Im not sure on the harness, Ill mess around with it and see what I can do.

3 hours ago, kwOH said:

Those look identical to the ones I have, Im not sure on the harness, Ill mess around with it and see what I can do.

On my Silverado I really don't see a way to put any resistor the blinker is integrated into the headlight housing I got lucky with the bulb working for just blinker, the bulb sits in a little plastic housing and twist's into the headlight housing, it appears the housing has it's own module inside it's really weird I was able to add higher power HID's and they work without any errors popping up but if I hook it up to a GDS2 scanner it can see the headlights are disconnected/grounded so it causes a code to come up in the bcm, I guess if nothing else works the bt diesel bcm programmer could be used to get rid of the hyperflash

• Like 1