kwOH’s 2014 RCSB Silverado Work Truck Daily Driver Build

kwOH

I  know you're not asking for advise but I've done this job the hard way and maybe I can save you some aggravation and $$$. 

The rear block is 1.25" and a Bell 2" shackle drop will put her just about dead level. Do your measurements from spindle center to wheel well lip. Not ground to lip. If the rear is a hair too low just add a shim in 1/4" increments till you like the look. Use washers on the U bolts if you need some thread recovery. This will not require a pinion wedge or replacement shocks. It will just put the stock shocks in the center of their travel. You could have the alignment checked but it should be okay. If you find the rear is hitting the bumpers to often shorten them one section. This is the cheapest most effective way to do the job.

If you like that and want more later...….

• Like 2

I  know you're not asking for advise but I've done this job the hard way and maybe I can save you some aggravation and $$$. 

The rear block is 1.25" and a Bell 2" shackle drop will put her just about dead level. Do your measurements from spindle center to wheel well lip. Not ground to lip. If the rear is a hair too low just add a shim in 1/4" increments till you like the look. Use washers on the U bolts if you need some thread recovery. This will not require a pinion wedge or replacement shocks. It will just put the stock shocks in the center of their travel. You could have the alignment checked but it should be okay. If you find the rear is hitting the bumpers to often shorten them one section. This is the cheapest most effective way to do the job.

If you like that and want more later...….

I had an idea of how it would go, but have never done it. Conveniently I am going to need shocks sometime soon also, so I thought I would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Also if the rear ended up being a hair too low, I would probably just drop the front an inch. That was my thought process anyway, may even get the mcgaughys front shocks, and then I could do 1/2” in the front, to try to get level.

Honestly that was just a thought, the reason I ended up with the wheels I just got, was because, I can never decide on a suspension or wheel & tire setup, I change my mind everyday, so my wife made me buy these, to shut me up lol.

• Haha 1

I think I may get the Belltech 990sp, basically shock replacement, with shackles, but a little adjustable, probably do like 1” in the front and 3” in the rear, or something like that, if its level, if it has too much rake, I may just do the 3” in the rear.
I love the looks of a slightly lowered truck that still keeps its functionality and ride quality. They look so tough! Cant wait to see it done. If my wife would let me I'd have a mid 80s short box lowered. Nothing to crazy just want that muscle truck look.

Sent from my SM-J337R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 3/30/2019 at 2:10 PM, kwOH said:

Heres some recent mods I have done.

High Country grille, Black Flame Customs headlights, & OEM chrome mirror caps.
18b72241ca61cbc658e660364611f6cd.jpg

High Country taillights, OEM chrome tailgate handle, LED third brake light, & license plate lights.
10899daafe045b7a953246bd446f0f20.jpg

“OEM Style” running boards & OEM chrome door handles.
9cb92cff09dce2f9745002f4e370f239.jpg

I have always really liked the OEM chrome tailgate handle, have done it on each of the 3 K2's I had/have.

Surprised more don't do it, nice subtle mod that should come from the factory on certain trim levels. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 1:21 PM, Superman_XCI said:

I love the looks of a slightly lowered truck that still keeps its functionality and ride quality. They look so tough! Cant wait to see it done. If my wife would let me I'd have a mid 80s short box lowered. Nothing to crazy just want that muscle truck look.

Sent from my SM-J337R4 using Tapatalk

The mid 80's are cool trucks for sure. You can make them as fast as any muscle car with a GM crate motor for easy to build fun.

Even the ugly colors like this look badass.

th.jpeg

• Like 1