WTT My Black Window Trim for Your Chrome (2017 Silverado Double Cab)

Jason23

I'm looking to trade exterior window trim for my 2017 Silverado double cab. I have black and I am looking to add some chrome to mine. My truck is a 2017 but it was purchased new in January  of 2018.

Also, if any of you are "dechroming" your trucks and have your chrome side molding (door trim) and are looking to unload it, I may be interested depending on condition and price.

Reply or PM me with any interest. Thanks!

Edited by Jason23

I have chrome I've been looking at painting, this sounds like a much easier alternative. Are there any cons to leaving the truck outside with the trim off? I could possibly do this beginning of next week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Druder said:

I have chrome I've been looking at painting, this sounds like a much easier alternative. Are there any cons to leaving the truck outside with the trim off? I could possibly do this beginning of next week.

This is a question I had as well. I don't believe there is any weather stripping or other gasket on the trim itself but I can't say positively that it doesn't weather proof the door in some capacity.  Maybe someone will chime in that would know that for sure. Regardless,  I'd be willing ship mine for you to install ahead of shipping yours if it does turn out that it could allow moisture to enter the doors. 

1 hour ago, Jason23 said:

This is a question I had as well. I don't believe there is any weather stripping or other gasket on the trim itself but I can't say positively that it doesn't weather proof the door in some capacity.  Maybe someone will chime in that would know that for sure. Regardless,  I'd be willing ship mine for you to install ahead of shipping yours if it does turn out that it could allow moisture to enter the doors. 

Yes if you take off the window trim, there is a hole in the top of the door. The window trim does act as a barrier in the door. Keep in mind that water still gets in the door on the edges of the trim that don’t quite fit up against the window. However, I personally would not drive mine around town or let it sit outside in rain for example with them off. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EpicLT said:

Yes if you take off the window trim, there is a hole in the top of the door. The window trim does act as a barrier in the door. Keep in mind that water still gets in the door on the edges of the trim that don’t quite fit up against the window. However, I personally would not drive mine around town or let it sit outside in rain for example with them off. 

Thanks EpicLT. Great insight as usual.

Druder, I'll PM you to get your thoughts. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 1:28 PM, Jason23 said:

I'm looking to trade exterior window trim for my 2017 Silverado double cab. I have black and I am looking to add some chrome to mine. My truck is a 2017 but it was purchased new in January  of 2018.

Also, if any of you are "dechroming" your trucks and have your chrome side molding (door trim) and are looking to unload it, I may be interested depending on condition and price.

Reply or PM me with any interest. Thanks!

I have Chrome Mirror Caps and Door handles if you're interested

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2019 at 7:03 AM, matt4568 said:

Did you ever find a trade? Im looking to dechrome my 16 ltz ccsb. I have the window trim, door handles, and non tow mirror caps. Mine are chrome, i need black

I did already make the trade. Hopefully you'll find a partner on here. Good luck.