fog lights on when in auto high beam mode???

just bought a 2018 GMC Sierra Premium SLT that has the auto hig beam headlights but if you activate your fog lights the auto high/low beams do not work.  Is there any fixes so the fogs will work when auto high/low beams are activated??  Every other vehicle that I have that has this feature, the fogs work either way.

I see the fogs on with the high beams mod but don't know if this works like I am asking for.  Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Do not think so, it is set up from the factory like that.

Right there with you though, it would be nice to be able to use the fog lights with the function turned on.

Maybe post this question in the "What would you like to see Pgamboa do next". Best bet on how to figure this out.

I'm not sure how the newer trucks work or if the BCM under the dash are the same but you may be able to do the same diode mod that us 14-15 guys did.

I've had this done on my 14 for a couple years now with no issues.

Like to the thread:

Edited by Mike1220

1 hour ago, Forace2018 said:

just bought a 2018 GMC Sierra Premium SLT that has the auto hig beam headlights but if you activate your fog lights the auto high/low beams do not work.  Is there any fixes so the fogs will work when auto high/low beams are activated??  Every other vehicle that I have that has this feature, the fogs work either way.

I see the fogs on with the high beams mod but don't know if this works like I am asking for.  Thanks in advance for any help with this.

I have done this with mod with the resistor to my late model 2016 so it should be the same as yours ? 

56 minutes ago, Kylebr1 said:

I have done this with mod with the resistor to my late model 2016 so it should be the same as yours ? 

so is it the same resistor as the fogs and high beams on?

1 hour ago, Forace2018 said:

You are very welcome.

At the top of this page you will see different tabs, click on the Silverado/Sierra Mods tab, the link is at the bottom of page #4.

7 hours ago, Forace2018 said:

If the fogs are manually turned on, the "Intellibeam" system will not work, BUT if you have the diode mod(s) done for fogs on with HIGHs, it works.  Not sure if it works with the diode mod for FOGs on with LOWs.

So are the fogs going to come on with the high beams no matter what?  I am wanting to have the fogs lights on as well as intellibeam so it will auto dim or be high beam .  My 2 other vehicles, you can turn on fogs and when intellibeam is working fogs are on with low beams and go off when intellibeam works and goes to high beam, does not sound like this is what I want since high beams with fogs are illegal here in North Carolina and I am in Law Enforcement. Maybe someone will see this and come up with a fix.

On 4/16/2019 at 9:09 AM, Forace2018 said:

So are the fogs going to come on with the high beams no matter what?  I am wanting to have the fogs lights on as well as intellibeam so it will auto dim or be high beam .  My 2 other vehicles, you can turn on fogs and when intellibeam is working fogs are on with low beams and go off when intellibeam works and goes to high beam, does not sound like this is what I want since high beams with fogs are illegal here in North Carolina and I am in Law Enforcement. Maybe someone will see this and come up with a fix.

Believe that you will have to do both the HIGH/Low diodes to get it to work that way.  Not sure if the Intellibeams will work with the FOG/LOWs diode mod, I know that if the FOGs are manually turned on, Intellibeams will not function.