Leaking tri-fold tonneau cover

I was at the dealer today getting my free oil change and again complained about my leaking hard tri-fold tonneau cover. I have had it back twice for this problem. My old Denali had the a hard cover for 6 years and never leaked.  The service writer told me that there is a  Stop Sale order from GM on the cover. It seems they are loaded with problems and don't have a way to fix it.  I asked for my money back on told him to remove it. I got a laugh. I called GM this afternoon and opened a case. I hope someone takes responsibility for this piece of Chinese junk.

My truck had the hard trifold installed and I had them remove it and give me a credit as part of the new vehicle sale. When I looked inside during test drive I could see daylight in the corners so obviously not water proof. It probably has more to do with installation than part design.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Update:  I just received a notification that these tonneau covers have been recalled due to issues with the front latches coming loose and causing the cover to fly off at speed thereby endangering motorists traveling behind you. Ugh!

1 hour ago, lebag335 said:

Update:  I just received a notification that these tonneau covers have been recalled due to issues with the front latches coming loose and causing the cover to fly off at speed thereby endangering motorists traveling behind you. Ugh!

Who sent you the notification, I have not heard anything about a recall.  Do they have a fix detailed?

Yeah I got the recall in my Chevy app too. Gm doesn't know I had it removed before taking delivery. I did notice the hacks that installed my didn't know what the hell the were doing as there were a couple spots they drilled a hole, then drilled another hole 1/2” away. I had to have the plastic top rail replaced with all the screw holes, and waiting for a dry day to touch up all the screw holes so they don't rust

• Thanks 1

I actually love mine and it’s working fine. I hope they don’t take it off. If so, they better replace it with one of equal or better quality. 
And hope that all the screw holes in your truck bed line up with the new one

I just got off the phone with a level 2 GMC Customer Service. They confirmed that they  are no longer selling this cover. They claim the mfg (in China) is working on a fix. They will not recall or issue refunds for this defective product. The clamps keep popping open and one day soon someone is going to get killed by a tonneau cover blowing off at 80mph and hitting a windshield. They are dumping the responsibility on the dealer.

I don't love my dealer, but he bought this part from GM in good faith, why should he eat it?

I just got off the phone with a level 2 GMC Customer Service. They confirmed that they  are no longer selling this cover. They claim the mfg (in China) is working on a fix. They will not recall or issue refunds for this defective product. The clamps keep popping open and one day soon someone is going to get killed by a tonneau cover blowing off at 80mph and hitting a windshield. They are dumping the responsibility on the dealer.
I don't love my dealer, but he bought this part from GM in good faith, why should he eat it?
Just remember the gm customer care folks don't always have all the information in front of them. The one I was talking to about my rear window leak said that I was the first customer he had helped with my issue and asked for me to send him the tsb number so he could read about it. Worst case the gm customer care could give you an accessories credit to buy a different cover.