2014 Sierra 5.3 Bad Lifter

20 hours ago, M-Wheeler said:

replace with AFM delete kit/cam/tune....more torque/horsepower, more reliable, less money.

Are all of the kits about the same from vendors? I'm assuming I just get the normal 16 lifters and the compatible cam shaft from GM?

17 minutes ago, daviddsims1 said:

Are all of the kits about the same from vendors? I'm assuming I just get the normal 16 lifters and the compatible cam shaft from GM?

I would call Texas Speed and they will tell you everything you need. You have VVT and can opt to keep it or remove it. 

Hold times can be long but TS can help you out. You really only need 8 lifter to replace the AFM lifter and the cam as well.

I would call Texas Speed and they will tell you everything you need. You have VVT and can opt to keep it or remove it. 
Hold times can be long but TS can help you out. You really only need 8 lifter to replace the AFM lifter and the cam as well.
This^^^ DONT waist your money on gm parts.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, daviddsims1 said:

I am considering a performance build from GPI in Jacksonville, AR. I already have a tune from them, but if a lifter ever goes out, I'll be paying them to do a true delete kit with performance cam, headers and re-tune. $3-4K

• Like 1

Do not ever just replace your 8 dod lifters all ways do the full set of 16 that’s a big risk new parts with old parts and as cheap as a set of lifters are might as well have the full 16 of them . 

1 hour ago, 14 gmcl83 said:

Do not ever just replace your 8 dod lifters all ways do the full set of 16 that’s a big risk new parts with old parts and as cheap as a set of lifters are might as well have the full 16 of them . 

If you want to get down to it, Yes replace all 16, replace head gaskets, valley cover and use a VVT cam. But bare minimum depending on his budget. You could technically reuse the head bolts, head gaskets, cover gaskets, use pipe plugs on the oil galleys. Almost every gasket on the engine is considered re-usable. 

Call Texas speed and tell them your budget and goal, they will give you what you need. For all we know he may be wanting to fix it cheap and not buy another.

Edited by Mikebtte