Onstar App going away and My Chevrolet App doesn’t have remote access?

• 2 years later...
On 10/7/2019 at 1:54 PM, sk said:

Like SASK_RT said you can get it down to around $8/month.

Also your husband's free version will expire 5 years after the truck was put into service and he will be in the same situation as you ...

I just bought a used 2018 Chevy Equinox, does the 5 years thing apply as well? Cause what I’m reading is that I have 2 years left still? 

3 hours ago, Kdub91 said:

I just bought a used 2018 Chevy Equinox, does the 5 years thing apply as well? Cause what I’m reading is that I have 2 years left still? 

"Though the lifespan of the service has doubled, the service is no longer transferable between owners. Instead, the connectivity is available only to the original purchaser for ten years from the date of initial vehicle purchase for model year 2018 or newer GM vehicles starting on May 1, 2018. Subsequent owners receive five years of the service from the time of their purchase."

GM should have restarted your OnStar for 5 years - probably depending on where you bought it and if they filed the proper items (I have no clue as to what those might be)

https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/general-motors-technology/onstar/onstar-plans-pricing/onstar-basic-plan-info-price/