Onstar App going away and My Chevrolet App doesn’t have remote access?

The Chevy app (myChevrolet) should allow you to remotely unlock, lock and start. I use the GMC app and they are the same from what I saw in the App Store.

1 minute ago, tmo said:

The Chevy app (myChevrolet) should allow you to remotely unlock, lock and start. I use the GMC app and they are the same from what I saw in the App Store.

This.

The OnStar app is being replaced by brand-specific ones.  There are separate ones for Chevy, GMC, Buick, and Cadillac.  They are all identical except for the skins.  You can even access all your vehicles from any of the apps (I have a Chevy, Buick, and Cadillac and can get to any of them from any of the brand apps).

Your sig shows a 2014.  Note that you only get 5 years of remote start capability for free.  After that you need to pay for the "Remote Access" plan to keep remote start capability from the app.  They want to charge you $15 per month for that but I negotiated $99/year for my parents when I called OnStar (around $9/month after taxes).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sk said:

Your sig shows a 2014.  Note that you only get 5 years of remote start capability for free.  After that you need to pay for the "Remote Access" plan to keep remote start capability from the app.  They want to charge you $15 per month for that but I negotiated $99/year for my parents when I called OnStar (around $9/month after taxes).

My free 5 years will expire in 13 more months.

I hope nobody pays their stupid $15 per month charge. I'm a buyer at about $3 per month....

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Just found out that I have to pay $15/month for remote access on myCadillac app for my 2019 Cadillac, yet my husband gets access to his Chevy app (all services I have to pay for) on his 2015 Chevy truck at no charge.  Beyond ridiculous and I seriously hope no Cadillac owners pay this money to OnStar. 

46 minutes ago, MelissaW said:

Just found out that I have to pay $15/month for remote access on myCadillac app for my 2019 Cadillac, yet my husband gets access to his Chevy app (all services I have to pay for) on his 2015 Chevy truck at no charge.  Beyond ridiculous and I seriously hope no Cadillac owners pay this money to OnStar. 

You should be able to negotiate it down to $8-10. 

12 hours ago, AlaskaErik said:

I let all that crap expire on my 2016.  Never missed it once.  The fob remote start is all I ever "needed".

agreed, I rarely use the "app start", but I do like locking the keys in the truck when I'm off on a run and using my phone to unlock the truck.

I've been thinking about adding the door mounted keypad though..

On 10/5/2019 at 1:45 PM, MelissaW said:

Like SASK_RT said you can get it down to around $8/month.

Also your husband's free version will expire 5 years after the truck was put into service and he will be in the same situation as you ...

On 10/5/2019 at 1:45 PM, MelissaW said:

The 2015 will expire next year.

My 2018 only came with 3 months.

On 10/6/2019 at 6:13 PM, AlaskaErik said:

I let all that crap expire on my 2016.  Never missed it once.  The fob remote start is all I ever "needed".

I still find the key fob a frill!  Remote access and start are convenient but I wouldn't pay a monthly fee to have this feature.  The grand prize for any business appears to get us attached to a monthly payment.  "What's a measly $10 a month?"  Add up all of your non-essential monthly obligations and you may find they add up to a sizeable chunk of your take-home pay.   You may not need this money now, but chances are high that you  will wish you had it later!

On 10/7/2019 at 9:56 AM, rbrjr1 said:

agreed, I rarely use the "app start", but I do like locking the keys in the truck when I'm off on a run and using my phone to unlock the truck.

I've been thinking about adding the door mounted keypad though..

I used the door keypad on my old F150 all the time...I miss that feature. Has anyone done or looked into that addon? I know with Ford it comes standard or a dealer addon which means it takes a battery and isn't hardwired.