2nd "Free" Service Coverage

I have a 2017 deisel and I'm due for an oil change very soon. I have my second "free" service available that I never used. My fuel filter is down to 7% and I was wondering if that would also be covered by the complimentary service. And this may be pushing it, but the truck still has the original wiper blades too. Do you think they would swap them out without charging me? If the only thing covered is the oil change, it's almost not worth it for me to take it there because of the distance. And I don't want to be caught in a situation where I call to make the appointment, get told one thing, only to have the story change when I get there!

Funny thing is, I cannot find anything in the manual, warranty info, or online about the terms of the two free services that came with the truck, other than time and mileage. So any insight would be appreciated.

I think it's just oil change and maybe def top-up. maybe a front end grease since i'ts an HD. 

There used to be a blurb about this in the 'fine-print' on GM's website.  Haven't checked recently.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a joke, I used one and it was a total pain in the butt, had to wait 3 hours, the monkey tech got grease all over the door, floor mat and hood, tried to fix a recall and stripped a bolt.  Never again, I want to see what they do.  Said they rotated the tires but clearly didn't, I had marked the inside so they wouldn't screw that up and they were in the same place.  You get what you pay for.

6 hours ago, MotionMan said:

It's a joke, I used one and it was a total pain in the butt, had to wait 3 hours, the monkey tech got grease all over the door, floor mat and hood, tried to fix a recall and stripped a bolt.  Never again, I want to see what they do.  Said they rotated the tires but clearly didn't, I had marked the inside so they wouldn't screw that up and they were in the same place.  You get what you pay for.

We've had several new GM's in the family the last 5 or 6 years and have always had good service with the warranty oil changes.

The servicing dealer I normally use was not the 'selling' dealer on several of the vehicles. 

The service goes thru as a 'warranty' item, so you paid for it whether you use it or not.

Seems that maybe not all dealers are not created equal....

I went to my dealership I’ve gone to the past 13 years. The service tech is great, but the mechanics are a different story. They will ONLY change the oil, they definitely don’t do anything additional like grease the front end (of the HD trucks), so I highly doubt they’ll change the fuel filter on a diesel HD.

The dealership I bought my truck from also included six additional oil changes after the 2 GM ones but they’re almost an hour away and by the time I spend my time driving up there, waiting 2-3 hours for my truck, and driving back home, I’d rather spend the time and money doing my own oil & filter, especially since I’ll need to get under it to grease it anyways.

Thanks for all the input. I decided to schedule a service for only the oil change. Apparently, there is still an open recall on my truck anyway, so I can get that done at the same time. Not going to use them after that. My last visit, they "forgot" to top off the DEF, so I'm not going to hold my breath for anything then the bare minimum. My DEF is reading 26% so I'll know right away if they top it off this time!