Pitman arm seems to have different spline arrangement 2500HD

I've got my pitman arm off.  I'm about to put the new one on, but it appears that the arrangement of the "grooves" is different than the one I pulled off.  it almost looks like a mirror image.  Does this matter?  I've included a picture here.  Just to make it easier to see I've put a little red paint dot where the grooves are.  The clean one is the new one.

Image of pitman arms side by side

Maybe see if you can go to a parts store and compare your new one against another new one?  I know when I replaced my pitman arm for a moog one, the grooves were in (pretty close, didn't measure or precisely compare) the same place.

I would return it and get an AC Delco or OE one.

OE is 19168473, AC Delco Professional is 45C0075, and AC Delco Advantage is 45C0075A.  From looking at the two AC Delco and the one that came off your truck, the splines are identical.  That new one is off. 

Shucks.  I guess this is an example of "you get what you pay for".  SKP version was $8 at Rockauto.  Now my truck is torn apart and I'm going to have to buy the Delco one from the dealer for likely around $100.  UGH!  

1 hour ago, rszimm said:

Shucks.  I guess this is an example of "you get what you pay for".  SKP version was $8 at Rockauto.  Now my truck is torn apart and I'm going to have to buy the Delco one from the dealer for likely around $100.  UGH!  

Why not just buy the AC Delco part from Rock Auto...

$32 for economy part (Economy part)

$68 for daily driver part (Daily Driver part)

$62-$67 for Moog premium part (Moog Premium part 1) or (Moog Premium part 2)

By the way, RockAuto's customer support kinda let me down on this one.  Their only options for defective parts are "send me a new one in 2 business days" or "issue me a credit".  Generally that's fine, but in this situation I'm about 90% sure that the new part from the same manufacturer and same batch is going to have the same machining error.  So I tried calling, but only got a voicemail and no call back.  So then I emailed told them I'd like to pay the difference to exchange up to an AC Delco part, and get the free 2 business day shipping.  "We don't do that" was the response.  "You can issue a credit and purchase the new one, then choose expedited shipping"  (So I'm paying an extra $30 to get it here in 2 business days to get a part that should have been right in the first place).

Oh well, I've been working with them for over 15 years and this is the first bad experience.