Service Trailer Tire Pressure Mgmt System

Had the trailer tire sensors installed in my travel trailer. Went into the trailer app to setup the trailer TPMS. I have tpms tool.

First tire honked, second tire wouldn't.

Now I get a message in the dash to service Trailer TPMS system and it won't let me start the learn procedure again.

Anyone else get this error?

Also tip, make sure all the tpms sensors are pointed towards the truck when you mount the tires and put them on. I couldn't get any of them to learn till I moved the trailer so the valve stem was pointed towards the trailer. I got the first one to learn but when you put it in drive to rotate the other valve stem towards the truck it exits out of the learn procedure

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Got it to finally work. Had to delete Trailer profile and create a new one. Used my $20 tpms tool off Amazon...

Shows tire temp and pressure which is nice.75892f69bd0c6faebee8d0effa9dbff5.jpg

Glad you got it work
My tire guy told me to program the sensors before he installs them I have four tires on my trailer I’ll just have to make sure that I marked them properly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Glad you got it work
My tire guy told me to program the sensors before he installs them I have four tires on my trailer I’ll just have to make sure that I marked them properly

I was going to do that too, but the Trailer app setup says they have to be installed first so I went that route. Maybe it doesn't matter. Let me know how you make out

Glad you got it work

The more i think of it, I would check the trailer app. You have to create a profile in the trailer app, then hit program tpms and walk around to every tire with the tool. So unless your tire guy is going to do that with the tpms sensors by themselves I don't see how it would work.

The more i think of it, I would check the trailer app. You have to create a profile in the trailer app, then hit program tpms and walk around to every tire with the tool. So unless your tire guy is going to do that with the tpms sensors by themselves I don't see how it would work.

There’s some good info in here and how the new trail system works
https://techlink.mynetworkcontent.com/?p=11028

I kind of miss spoke
I should’ve said when he told me to take the sensors to him to program them before I install them in the tires he is a GM Tech

I kind of miss spoke
I should’ve said when he told me to take the sensors to him to program them before I install them in the tires he is a GM Tech

Gotcha. Yeah I think I saw the gm dealers actually have a special tool to program them without the trailer. Did you get it to work?

Gotcha. Yeah I think I saw the gm dealers actually have a special tool to program them without the trailer. Did you get it to work?

I haven’t had a chance to do it yet probably not till the fall since it is a snowmobile trailer

Thank you!  Ordered!
Make sure you use a brand new fresh battery. And hold the tool there for a while until the horn honks. The trailer tires seemed to take a good 15 seconds before it would honk the horn

u really don't need tpms tool to do trailer tires set mine up yesterday very easy just let air out of tire till horn honks then go to the next,,

was gonna order tool until I read owners manual..

• Like 1