Talk programmer/ tuner to me 4.3L hypertech

So I finally decided I'm annoyed enough that my tires are larger than stock which causes my speedo to be off and my truck to run higher RPMs and struggle to shift right sometimes. So I am buying a tuner from my shop who did my lift/ tires.

They recommended a hypertech so that's what I'm going for. 

This is what I'm looking for. I dont care about the who being the fastest, loudest and biggest HP truck out there at all. I bought the V6 for a reason. So what I WANT is the best economy while not driving a slug. 

Note- I have zero desire or plans to do any engine or exhaust modifications. I dont even really plan to do a cold air intake. I'm content with the way things are. 

The hypertech comes with the 3 standard tunes. Obviously I'll be using the eco one mostly. 

From what I understand I can turn some things like the AFM on and off or adjust it too. 

So what things would you adjust to optimize the mpg while still having something that doesnt feel like a slug to drive. 

I am brand new to the tuner world and not exacrly sure how these work. 

Edited by Dersch

Inwould not buybthat tuner. I respect what you are saying. That said I would get a HPT. You new ones are cheap and work on unlimited vehicles so you can really get your money out of them and the support is 2nd to non. You can post files and people will help. There is also a forum and pre built tunes.
Night and day difference. All pros use HPT or efi live.
Please look into it.
I can help you with tune questions and settings along with screen shots or file share.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Inwould not buybthat tuner. I respect what you are saying. That said I would get a HPT. You new ones are cheap and work on unlimited vehicles so you can really get your money out of them and the support is 2nd to non. You can post files and people will help. There is also a forum and pre built tunes.
Night and day difference. All pros use HPT or efi live.
Please look into it.
I can help you with tune questions and settings along with screen shots or file share.

Define what HPT stands for? 

I had a Hypertech I used on my 4.3 v6.

What I used was stock engine tune, stock rev limit, stock shift points, stock firmness, sport throttle response, sport shift response, street tcc slip, v4 mode off.

With the 87 octane tune you only get a peak of 4 horse and 2 ft lb torque gain. The 93 octane tune gives you 8 horse and 8 ft lb torque gain.Their dyno graph starts out at 2750 rpm. Probably don't want to show you anything lower cause it loosing power.

5 minutes ago, AtlasFBG2 said:

I had a Hypertech I used on my 4.3 v6.

What I used was stock engine tune, stock rev limit, stock shift points, stock firmness, sport throttle response, sport shift response, street tcc slip, v4 mode off.

With the 87 octane tune you only get a peak of 4 horse and 2 ft lb torque gain. The 93 octane tune gives you 8 horse and 8 ft lb torque gain.Their dyno graph starts out at 2750 rpm. Probably don't want to show you anything lower cause it loosing power.

Did you mostly run the 87 tune? How was the MPG increase?

What made you choose those settings?

Also look in vehicle build for grumpy bear post he is the know all around here for fuel economy. It will help you understand many of the why of things.
There is much that can be done in trans and slip. Then in engine v4 disable and command over shift. Also depending on your state I like to play with the engine coolant and fan percentage. There are talks of the importance of mods but hard to recommend not knowing your skill level, fuel type, and current mods. Also hpt can read,block, and erase codes as well as data log.

I went on their website and I'm even more confused  
You just buy the small non pro plug in and credits and go to town. Data a file and post it for others to mod. Or if you wish you can go to any tuner around and he can use yours.
There a hundred of screen shots,videos, and posts on how to use.

13 minutes ago, Dersch said:

Did you mostly run the 87 tune? How was the MPG increase?

What made you choose those settings?

I ran the stock factory tune. Cause there was no mpg increase with the other tunes.

The shift points only change at wide open throttle. Don't see a need to change them or rev limit on a stock engine.

The shift firmness on street or higher is way to hard in my opinion. Cant be good for the transmission in my opinion.

The throttle and shift response felt good at those settings. 

I also had a Superchips tuner. Did not like the 2nd gear shift.Felt like the truck was getting rear ended.

10 minutes ago, AtlasFBG2 said:

I ran the stock factory tune. Cause there was no mpg increase with the other tunes.

The shift points only change at wide open throttle. Don't see a need to change them or rev limit on a stock engine.

The shift firmness on street or higher is way to hard in my opinion. Cant be good for the transmission in my opinion.

The throttle and shift response felt good at those settings. 

I also had a Superchips tuner. Did not like the 2nd gear shift.Felt like the truck was getting rear ended.

This is extremely helpful thank you.