Upper Control Arm - Help me choose

I currently have a 2017 LTZ with a 2 inch block under the bottom of the strut.  The ride sucks and im rubbing the stock arm at full lock with 275/60/20 tires and unknown offset XD wheels ( ill find what they are in a day or 2 ).  I finally decided on the Halo Boss Coil overs as they seem to have less issues than the Fox ones.  However I keep reading that its best to get some better UCA's to help with the angles, travel and rubbing.  Im already blowing my wad on the coil overs and only want to do this once.  What is the best UCA's that I should get that wont break the bank?

I just installed a set of Cognito Ball Joint arms a couple weeks ago. I also have Boss Coilovers and initially set them up with two spacers to get the 3" of lift with Rough Country contro arms. With the stock wheels I had to run 1" BORA spacers to keep the wheels from rubbing.

The spacers caused vibration and when I took them off, the wheels hit the edge of the rim on an angle of the arms.

I later took out the two spacers under the coilovers and installed the Cognito arms.

Happy to report the ride is better and if there's any rubbing at all its minor and only at full lock.

So far I haven't seen any evidence of rubbing on the control arms.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, dcarl said:

I just installed a set of Cognito Ball Joint arms a couple weeks ago. I also have Boss Coilovers and initially set them up with two spacers to get the 3" of lift with Rough Country contro arms. With the stock wheels I had to run 1" BORA spacers to keep the wheels from rubbing.

The spacers caused vibration and when I took them off, the wheels hit the edge of the rim on an angle of the arms.

I later took out the two spacers under the coilovers and installed the Cognito arms.

Happy to report the ride is better and if there's any rubbing at all its minor and only at full lock.

So far I haven't seen any evidence of rubbing on the control arms.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Did you go with the Cognito ones listed above or the more expensive option?  How hard was the install and did you have to cut out the bump stops? 

Yes those are the same part number.  They were easy to install.  I previously cut the stops out when I installed the Rough Country arms.  With the Boss Coilovers installed, I did not have to remove them.

If you plan to do both at the same time, I would advise getting a paint marker to mark your current alignment positions so that when it goes back together your alignment should be close enough to drive to the shop to get it aligned.

Good tip, I saw it in another video too.  Do you have any squeaks from the cognito ball joint?  A Google search popped up a handful of people that has squeaking.  Did you not like the RC Arms or was that part of the rubbing issue you had?

No squeaks that I know of.  For my application, the RC Arms were fine except the rubbing without a wheel spacer.  I also think that because I dropped an inch by removing the spacers under the coilovers, it changed the geometry and put the wheel further out towards the fender allowing more room for it to turn.  The Cognito arms are not as wide as the RC, and there's an angle on the RC arms made contact with the wheel.

As far as build quality the Cognito have better bushings and I think the ball joint is better as well.