First road trip

Started our long trip from Bismarck ND to glacier national Park. 

Truck start making a weird rattling noise sounded like if you have coins stuck somewhere and rattling. Interestingly it came from both driver and passenger front sides. It gotten worse with speed and wind. It was very windy. Not sure what is making the it also sounded like really bad wheel bearing which I don't think that is the cars because it got louder with more wind and the steering felt fine. Got out of the truck checked every where could not find any thing. 

The other thing those rancho shocks are not my favorite but I also think the suspension of to soft for my liking.  Reminded me of uncle buck car. For younger folks Uncle Buck is a nice whole some movie highly recommended

Will keep you posted!

Funny to hear someone comment that the ride is too soft considering all the reviewers whine about the ride being too rough compared to Ford and Ram half-tons. I for one think the Z71 trucks with Ranchos have a sub-par ride quality due to them being twin tube shocks. I plan on swapping them for a better shock. The ride is just right for a truck that (in my case) has a payload rating of 1980 lbs and a nearly 10k lb tow rating.

Not sure what your rattle is. I dont have any current rattles on mine.

Edited by HondaHawkGT
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, HondaHawkGT said:

Funny to hear someone comment that the ride is too soft considering all the reviewers whine about thebride being too rough compared to Ford and Ram half-tons. I for one think the Z71 trucks with Ranchos have a sub-par rude quality due to the twin tube shocks. I plan on swapping them for a better shock. The ride is just right for a truck that (in my case) has a payload rating of 1980 lbs and a nearly 10k lb tow rating.

Notbsure what your rattle is. I dont have any current rattles on mine.

Yeah I hear ya. Lots of people say they are harsh but in comparison to my 13 F150 it is really soft it literally make the F150 feels like a sport car.

The noise is driving me nuts but after some thinking I thought maybe I am the reason because when I installed the front mud flaps

1. I didn't use all the hardware because it didn't looks like they were needed

2. I had removed one screw on each side without putting anything in place

Another thing could be the crash bars inside the door are rubbing against something. We will keep you updated

10 hours ago, Moend said:

Yeah I hear ya. Lots of people say they are harsh but in comparison to my 13 F150 it is really soft it literally make the F150 feels like a sport car.

The noise is driving me nuts but after some thinking I thought maybe I am the reason because when I installed the front mud flaps

Another thing could be the crash bars inside the door are rubbing against something. We will keep you updated

I’d be willing to bet that the rattle is the mud flaps. I’ve been through that one and it’s crazy how much noise they can make if their just a bit loose. 

3 hours ago, ChaseM said:

I’d be willing to bet that the rattle is the mud flaps. I’ve been through that one and it’s crazy how much noise they can make if their just a bit loose. 

Sir you are 110 percent right. So my dumb ass decided not to use all the hardware that came with mudflaps. and when removed the short ones that came on the truck I left the sheet metal nuts that are not needed for new flaps.

So the mud flaps are rattling and hitting those nuts and made all sort of noises. I have to deal with it till I get home since I don't have the hardware on me. But I am glad its nothing serious. 

Made it to our destination and got some nice picture 

IMG_20190615_193214.jpg

15 hours ago, Moend said:

Take it to the dealer and tell them that the noise is from both sides A pillars. Mine was mainly from driver side. They remove the plastic cover and install some insulation around the seatbelt parts. 

Got back. Really impressed with the fuel economy. 17mpg over all trip lots of 80-85 mph in mt. Screen went black on me had to stop and remove fuese 58 and 41 simple restart didn't cut it this time. Put the missing screws in my mud flaps and the noise is gone

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:26 AM, Moend said:

Sir you are 110 percent right. So my dumb ass decided not to use all the hardware that came with mudflaps. and when removed the short ones that came on the truck I left the sheet metal nuts that are not needed for new flaps.

So the mud flaps are rattling and hitting those nuts and made all sort of noises. I have to deal with it till I get home since I don't have the hardware on me. But I am glad its nothing serious. 

Made it to our destination and got some nice picture 

IMG_20190615_193214.jpg

Dang GM really made the gauges look bad in these T1s

9 hours ago, CombsL83 said:

Dang GM really made the gauges look bad in these T1s

The gauges are personal preference, who cares, look at that MPG!  It's a truck...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Smitty said:

The gauges are personal preference, who cares, look at that MPG!  It's a truck...

35-40k for a new truck and you get cheap looking trinkets like that. Obviously I cared since I said they looked bad. Guess I should have said IMO that way nobody got offended.

• Like 1