Has anyone had their soft Tonneau cover broken into?

Thanks for the feedback guys, put the Truxedo Pro x15 on today... Took about an hour to install - looks good functions easily..

Might pick up one of these: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/tractor-supply-co-heavy-duty-poly-utility-storage-box-44-in

Then fashion a way to chain it to the tie down points to stash guns & other valuables in when on trips..

IMG-3199.thumb.JPG.149cb7ac23c3f31977e1099212c28e50.JPG

Edited by Imcrazy
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Imcrazy said:

Thanks for the feedback guys, put the Truxedo Pro x15 on today... Took about an hour to install - looks good functions easily..

Might pick up one of these: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/tractor-supply-co-heavy-duty-poly-utility-storage-box-44-in

Then fashion a way to chain it to the tie down points to stash guns & other valuables in when on trips..

IMG-3199.thumb.JPG.149cb7ac23c3f31977e1099212c28e50.JPG

Have had mine for over a year and still happy with it. Like the flat black and very low profile. Still looks new.

20180602_120553.jpg

• Like 1

Family has always had pickups.  Open beds, hard covers, soft covers and as far as I know none have been broken into.  I had a soft cover on my '73 and that was the last soft cover I can remember.  Recently got a solid fold 2.0 toolbox cover for the dually just to have more storage somewhat safe from the weather when I need it.  I don't even lock my toolbox 99% of the time if someone wants something they'll find a way.  Tailgate stays unlocked 99% of the time as well.  Honestly I'm surprised nothing has been stolen from my toolbox over the years.  The tools in there could easily be used to break into the bed with the solid fold on lol.  Your new cover looks good.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Birdwatcher62 said:

Have had mine for over a year and still happy with it. Like the flat black and very low profile. Still looks new.

20180602_120553.jpg

Looks good, nice truck too! What do you do to maintain the cover tarp? The place I bought it from said just hose it off / pressure wash it...

I have the LoPro on mine now and I love it.  I've had 3 different trucks with 3 different soft tonneaus.  Reg old school snap kind, tilting frame and now the velcro roll up.  This is the best one by far. I've also never had any kind of break ins through the tonneau.  Autozone has the Aerospace 303 protectant on sale right now too for buy 1 get one free.  Great protectant for soft tonneau covers.

• Like 1

Cover looks nice. I've been using soft covers, roll-ups and tri folds for 20+ years. Never had an issue. I like the versatility and ability to roll up or pop off quickly.

Do yourself a huge favor and use a good vinyl cleaner and protectant on your cover and it will last as long as you own the truck. I use 3M LEATHER & VINYL CLEANER/RESTORER -#39040. I've moved to mostly Pinnacle products now and  Adams and Chemical Guys have some very effective products that are available on Amazon with attractive price points. 

I always used when I do my semi-annual detailing, but it's a great habit to get into. Every other time or so when you wash the truck, mist the cover and hit it with a microfiber towel. Not only will it extend the life of your cover, but it really  makes the cover pop and adds that little extra when truck is clean, tires dressed and so on. Takes 1 minute. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info on care guys, my question though is because this isn't vinyl should I put anything on it? It's a canvas type material laid over the vinyl...