Nav | Radio | MyLink Screen Dead!

Currently on vaca with the fam, 1,100 miles from home and the screen won't power on. It appears to be completely dead. Radio doesn't work, Bluetooth doesn't work. I researched as much as I could and try to couple of "fixes" (fuse, battery, check HMI for loose cable), but to no avail. not going to be able to get it to the dealer until we get back from vacation in a few days. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? If so, any advice? Would appreciate nothing more than a fix before we have to hit the road again tomorrow. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

I had the same thing happen to my ‘16. I also check the fuses, HMI and disconnected and reconnected the batter and have since change batteries bc the screen would be on but with no display. It would just kind of have a backlit glow. It wouldn’t be like this all the time. Every now and then the backup camera would work.

Sometimes the steering wheel controls would work for a bit and I would be able to listen to the radio but those would stop and when I turned my truck off the radio would turn off and eventually it drain my battery.

the Chevy house told me they were aware of the issue but wouldn’t warranty it bc it had over 36k on it. So now I’m am looking into just ordering the brains that are behind the screen to see if that’ll work and the a new lcd screen if it doesn’t.

the guy at the Chevy house laughed and said he could fix it for $2k. So now I’m just going to find the part #s and do it myself when I eventually get tired of not having a radio. It’s been this way since April.

• 2 weeks later...
Short of the long, turned out to be a bad HMI. Replaced under extended warranty. Annoying, but can't complain ultimately.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Still haven’t messed with mine since then.. been too busy and I don’t feel like messing with the Chevy house on what few days I get off working for the railroad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk