2015 2500 Side mirror question...

Can anyone tell me if these are factory mirrors for my SLE? or how I would go to find such a thing? I don't have a build list, as I bought this as a used Certified GM truck.  I took it in because the turn signals do not work on the mirrors.  I have a year bumper to bumper warranty on the truck and wanted to get them fixed but they told me that they are after market mirrors and they will not cover after market mirrors.  Every 2500HD I have seen has these type of tow mirrors on them.  It is not a big deal that they don't work but I figured if they are suppose to work then I would like to get them to work.  Thanks

Uploaded Images

mi.jpg

pin.jpg

Edited by alderin1987

Some trucks don't have the wiring harness in the door to make them work. On some of the 2015s built after a certain date you can change the harness and they will work. Other 2015s built before that date require significantly more work to make the lights on the mirrors work.

On my 2017, I had to change the harness in both doors to make all of the lights work.

GM did produce a 1st Gen “DPN” Mirror (just like these pictured) for some 14 and early 15 model HD trucks. My guess is previous owner installed them needing only the mirror to function and didn’t take the steps to get the turn signal to work. It could be a factory mirror but didn’t come from the factory with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Does your glove box have an RPO sticker? If so, snap a pic and post.

Man I really gotta get with you and talk options on tow mirrors.  These little mirrors suck!!  

Yep. So the DL8 code is the factory mirror it originally came with. That is the smaller mirror with just power adjust and heat.

So if you want the turn signal to work, you’ll have to either swap the door harnesses, or modify the harnesses that you have now.

17 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Yep. So the DL8 code is the factory mirror it originally came with. That is the smaller mirror with just power adjust and heat.

So if you want the turn signal to work, you’ll have to either swap the door harnesses, or modify the harnesses that you have now.

Do you have a PnP for that ? if so how much?

• Like 1

Do you have a PnP for that ? if so how much?

Yes. Complete door harnesses are $285 for the set shipped. Then I refund $100 if you send me your factory harnesses.

28 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Yes. Complete door harnesses are $285 for the set shipped. Then I refund $100 if you send me your factory harnesses.

You're pretty much the coolest person on this site. LOL! thanks for all your feedback I definitely am interested in doing this but I am still wanting to do the center console swap yet too. I need to figure out my priorities I guess.  

• Like 1

I bought the factory door harness from GM parts direct for my 2017 for about $130 for both doors. Super simple to swap, they even had all of the pins on the harness and everything so it matched up exactly what would have been from the factory.

You're pretty much the coolest person on this site. LOL! thanks for all your feedback I definitely am interested in doing this but I am still wanting to do the center console swap yet too. I need to figure out my priorities I guess.  

Thanks bud! Appreciate the kind words. I’ll be around when you’re ready.

• 2 weeks later...

If I may...

I added that exact mirror to my 2015 SLE 1500. Turn signal didn't work, but power/heat did.

My 2015 Silverado 2500 has the newer, square tow mirrors. Came as-built.

Having had BOTH arrangements, I am NOT convinced having the red LED's blink is worth spending $130+ on a door harness. Honestly, I think it'd be more useful if the amber LED flashed with signal. I suppose others can see the mirror arrow when it blinks, but really it just faces the driver for the most part.

Good luck with whatever you do with it!