Add me to the fuel injectors list...

On 7/20/2019 at 3:58 PM, Capt Bob said:

Whether the engine design is flawed or not isn't the reason for shorting the warranty. 

A benefit to Chevy nobody can argue with is, they are saving money. I may or may not need that extra 40K miles, but Chevy IS saving money from day 1 by not having to repair their vehicles that previously would have been covered.

To me that means that instead of improving the motor/transmission (which costs them money) so it will last 100k miles with less failures, they reduced their risk and increased ours by shortening the warranty.

11 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I always bought my trucks at the end of model year. I’m seeing big discounts on Nissans currently. Depending on what their warranty actually covers and the cost of additional bumper to bumper coverage. And the possibility of failure with all the additional changes to all trucks I would definitely give them a look. I never bought a tundra. If I was going to buy a new truck and keep pass warranty the Tundra would be it. Precisely because they are slow with changes and their reputation. Otherwise I would buy the longest warranty and trade at the end of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, I still feel like of all the full size pickups, GM has the best combination of reliability and capability. The Tundra has worse fuel economy, lower payload and towing and, according to at least one source, similar expected reliability to the K2s.