Pros/Cons of changing tire size on Suburban 2500

So my "new" 2004 Suburban 2500 4x4 has LT 245/75 R16 tires

When it comes time to replace them, do I swap like-for-like in size, or would it behoove me to change the size?  This is mostly (95% of the time) being used for towing short distances (boat to a ramp).  Rarely any highway, probably never offroad, etc.

Any recommendations for brand/style, etc?

I really like the look of p265 as well in that rim size

If you go for the bigger tire you will lose torque to the ground tho...   larger tire messes with your gear settings if you have any concern about maximum towing power.  

I typically play it safe and always go stock if my only concern is daily driving or having stock towing performance

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:45 PM, greatmizzou said:

I really like the look of p265 as well in that rim size

If you go for the bigger tire you will lose torque to the ground tho...   larger tire messes with your gear settings if you have any concern about maximum towing power.  

I typically play it safe and always go stock if my only concern is daily driving or having stock towing performance

Not too concerned with this due to not needing the max towing power.  Plus, the 81.L engine with supercharger gives me a LOT of torque.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...