New bed liner and new tool box??

So trying to figure out the best solution here. Looking to do a Line-X liner and a new tool box in the next few weeks and have a question.

Which of the following options -

-Remove plastic bed rail covers and have rails sprayed along with bed?

-Leave caps and have tool box sit on top of plastic covers?

I think removing the covers and having the rails Line-X'ed makes the most sense to me but wanted to make sure I'm not overlooking something?

Thanks in advance

my toolbox sits on top of plastic caps. I put peel-stick foam on bottom of box to protect the truck, and bought tool box anchors off Amazon.

I did not have caps removed for bedliner (unless the Line-X guys arbitrarily take them off). They spray up inside bed edge, so don't see a need to remove them.

Edit: Hit Craigslist or something for the box. I paid $60 for a $300 toolbox :)

Edited by ewbldavis

The previous owner of my 08 Duramax did a gatorhyde spray in bed liner (first time I've heard of it)  and he did not go above the rails.  He also installed a retrax Tonneau which I am going to remove so that I can install a toolbox.  I'll have Line-X do a re-coat of the spray in liner and go over the rail.  It is worth it. 

Also-  I highly reccomend Better Built brand tool boxes, or Kobalt at Lowe's (built by better built) It has been the best tool box to date that I've used. 

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-69-in-x-19-in-x-18-in-Black-Powder-Coat-Aluminum-Full-Size-Crossover-Truck-Tool-Box/3722228

On 7/30/2019 at 12:15 AM, Colossus said:

The previous owner of my 08 Duramax did a gatorhyde spray in bed liner (first time I've heard of it)  and he did not go above the rails.  He also installed a retrax Tonneau which I am going to remove so that I can install a toolbox.  I'll have Line-X do a re-coat of the spray in liner and go over the rail.  It is worth it. 

Worth it on your 2008 - yes. With the bed rail caps that come standard on 2015+, seems a waste of $$. I throw all kinds of crap in mine, never had or worried about a scratch.