“Chevrolet” Grill Inserts

Who knows where to get the colored inserts for the “Chevrolet” grill? Adding red accents on my all black 2019 and saw one guy with them and he won’t respond to anyone where he got them....

Two I saw were custom made . I talked to one guy who did this and he told me he got red vinyl and took the center grill out and wrapped behind it .  

The other one one I saw painted a thin piece of metal and took the Center grill out put behind it .  

Ive seen it in red and orange.  It does look good.

You prob could get a local body shop to customize it for you or wait few months and probably one of these companies will

start making a insert .

Edited by boneill
  • Thanks 1

Like the user above me said. I used a vinyl wrap. Very easy to do.  Take your grill off and then that the center piece off the grill. Once that was off I just laid wrap on the little platform and it shows up through the letters.  Had red. But now switched to color match truck 

BA15A763-69C8-4167-979C-043611B93066.jpeg

042ECCEC-A5A1-4FC7-97FF-1319E6791619.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/30/2019 at 9:23 AM, dctackett10 said:

Like the user above me said. I used a vinyl wrap. Very easy to do.  Take your grill off and then that the center piece off the grill. Once that was off I just laid wrap on the little platform and it shows up through the letters.  Had red. But now switched to color match truck 

BA15A763-69C8-4167-979C-043611B93066.jpeg

042ECCEC-A5A1-4FC7-97FF-1319E6791619.jpeg

Did mine today and it turned out awesome. Thanks for the advice! 

234617AC-52DC-4C64-BA93-E88D6B6A2723.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mbehm3 said:

I like the bow tie under the “Chevrolet” on your grill! Where’d you get that??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plasti-dipped mine. Pulled it off, turned it black, then covered the black to paint the chrome outline. You can also buy a black one and change the chrome outline. 

So it turns out vinyl for this application may not be the best. Idk if it’s the Arizona heat or if it was the big rain drops. I have holes everywhere in the vinyl because it doesn’t have a flat background, it’s on a grid pattern. Time for me to think up a new way to do this, because I really like the red look. 

• 5 months later...
On 8/10/2019 at 10:16 PM, Derek Keith Carbonneau said:

So it turns out vinyl for this application may not be the best. Idk if it’s the Arizona heat or if it was the big rain drops. I have holes everywhere in the vinyl because it doesn’t have a flat background, it’s on a grid pattern. Time for me to think up a new way to do this, because I really like the red look. 

I'm interested in doing something similar. Did you ever find a fix for the holes in the vinyl? I'm also curious as to if there is enough room for a thin piece of plastic to be wrapped and put in place. I haven't taken mine apart yet to look.

On 8/10/2019 at 11:16 PM, Derek Keith Carbonneau said:

6 hours ago, blb285 said:

I'm interested in doing something similar. Did you ever find a fix for the holes in the vinyl? I'm also curious as to if there is enough room for a thin piece of plastic to be wrapped and put in place. I haven't taken mine apart yet to look.

give this topic a look, I have my aluminum flashing ready to go for this weekend...

• 7 months later...

I jus put a layer of PPF over the red vinyl, never had n is sure with holes whatsoever, and I use pressure washer a couple inches away from it to get bugs n debris off, and it’s lasted our -40 c winters where I am so far. 

D6FB0C38-ABF5-471A-809F-57F2DB66B16E.jpeg

• Like 1