AMP Power Steps in Winter conditions

Hello, looking for feedback how these steps will perform in Canadian winters. I just got a new TB and added these steps. Love them but not sure how they’ll perform full of salt and slush
Any fellow Canuck have any feedback?

I’m not in winter weather (Southern California), but I’ve had my AMP power steps for almost 3 years with zero issues ever. I really like them. Thought I’d let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

They’re supposed to be really great steps for no snow conditions, heard they get stuck when snow packed. A buddy of my had them on his 16 model Gmc 1500 and raves about them and one day while we were out Hog hunting, by the end of the day and no fault of the AMP steps he somehow crushed his passenger side and heavily impacted mud into his drivers side and the next time out he had heavy duty black steel steps on it. If you stick to city driving and light off-roading you’ll be fine. Still laugh about it though [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I’ve never known someone who has had their steps still working after more than a few years in Canada. Especially if you use your truck off paved roads. 

Denali, Escalade whatever. Now if you own under warranty, nbd just get them fixed.

But on an out of warranty truck I would consider them liabilities.

• Like 2

I am in the northeastern U.S.  We don't get as much snow as Canada but PA gets a pretty good bit.  I have had AMP's installed for 3 winters now with zero problems.  Just keep all the hinge points lubed with a good silicone spray and you should be good.

FYI:  It doesn't matter how old the truck is -- the AMP's come with a 5 year warranty that starts the day you install them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1