Lift suggestions

I've been super happy with my ReadyLift 4" lift. No issues with angles and only slight rubbing at full lock in reverse with 35s on 17s. Rides really smooth and even though I prefer a stiffer suspension on a lifted truck, I have 0 complaints. Install was pretty cake too. 

You’re most likely riding smoother because of the 17 inch wheels, more rubber makes for a smoother ride. I should’ve done 18’s versus 20’s I’m running now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, airborne89 said:

What shocks did you go with?  I assume the shocks were just stock length since the lift appears to use spacers and blocks with new UCA"s?  Thanks

So I'm using the factory shocks. Something I'm not a fan of but Bilstein and Procomp had yet to come out with any factory replacement shocks for our truck so I stuck with it. I do feel that rear needs to be stiffened but for overall ride quality, I have to say it's the smoothest one I've driven yet. It's a combination of the better construction on these trucks and I have 0 complaints about the quality of ReadyLift's suspension. Now, I did have some installation issues where they sent me an incorrect batch of screws and I did have to go back and replace hardware for the correct pieces but that was something they resolved immediately, even though I did have to dish out more lift rental time. Sometimes things like that happen and they fixed the issue right away so can't complain. 

5 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

You’re most likely riding smoother because of the 17 inch wheels, more rubber makes for a smoother ride. I should’ve done 18’s versus 20’s I’m running now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always liked the bigger sidewall on my trucks because of looks and it's just more practical for me. If I need to fit in a real tight spot then all I have to do is push up against the curb. Plus, one less thing to worry about when the Mrs. takes it out lol. The one thing I do have to say made a massive contribution was switching over from Toyo At2 extremes to the Falken wildpeak AT3W. My first batch of them had a pulsation issue that they deemed was a warranty issue and my second batch is golden. The ride compared to my old 17x35 toyo at2's is night and day. So much smoother, less noise, and wet traction is a ton better. I loved my Toyos but riding with these, I realize that they were too hard a tire which in turn would cause them to have poor wet performance. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 8:12 AM, Ericruiz911 said:

That's the truck on a 4 inch ReadyLift with 17x35s Falken Wildpeaks 

20190616_201532.jpg

strongly considering that same lift but i've read that the 3.5" rough country and 4" readylift are having issues with CV axles grinding when in 4wd, sway bar hitting the drive shaft when in 4wd, or CV boots ripping, 

Rough Country is actually recommending changing out the front shafts with their lift on 4wd models ?

my sources are the comments in these two youtube videos so take that for what it's worth...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Gga-Z25QA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN9IyktpaD4

Love the look of the smaller lifts but would hate to run into issues like this.  still waiting on the aftermarket to catch up for a 4" spindle lift.  has anyone else heard the same or have a better suggestions? 

Edited by Shoguns80

Well here are a couple pics of my RST with the Readylift 4" SST.  I've put just over 6,800 miles on the truck since the lift was installed.  Mostly country roads but about 600 miles on two trackers and rougher terrain than most new pick-up owners will ever travel. Also much time pulling a light 4,500 lb camper.

I have no CV boot rips, sway bar has never hit the driveshaft in spite of a great deal of articulating and no other negative issues the above youtube commentors spoke of.

Aside from a slightly firmer ride due to the, now load rated E tires, the ride is very much factory. This kit is a viable option beyond what could be done on previous years due to the narrower front differential and longer front axle shafts.

If there were any adverse effects at all I would be the first to whine about it, lol.

I really don't care for the extra space between the top of the tires and the top of the whell well openings that you get with a 6" lift.  Particularly considering I'm able to fit 35.12 x 11.77 tires with plenty of room to spare.  If you have to have wider tires, or like your tires to stick out then the 6" kit will be a better fit.

I highly recommend the Readylift 4" SST kit for the T1's.

1.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by Rob41
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, my edit isn't working right.  Just wanted to add that a lot of the new lifted trucks at dealerships have full warranties because the trucks are built by companies like Black Widow and others that add supplementary warranty coverage and as you can see by the sticker price, you are paying a premium for that.

Also, when anyone says it's no problem with your warranty after lifting etc, ask them to show you pictures of their aftermarket lifted 2019 T1.

On 8/20/2019 at 4:38 PM, Shoguns80 said:

strongly considering that same lift but i've read that the 3.5" rough country and 4" readylift are having issues with CV axles grinding when in 4wd, sway bar hitting the drive shaft when in 4wd, or CV boots ripping, 

Rough Country is actually recommending changing out the front shafts with their lift on 4wd models ?

my sources are the comments in these two youtube videos so take that for what it's worth...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Gga-Z25QA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN9IyktpaD4

Love the look of the smaller lifts but would hate to run into issues like this.  still waiting on the aftermarket to catch up for a 4" spindle lift.  has anyone else heard the same or have a better suggestions? 

Dam, I definitely don't have any of those issues. I don't understand how Rough Country said "it's normal". The only thing I dislike about the kit is that it HAS to be used with the factory struts. Really wish I could move over to something a tad stiffer in the front later on but that is really my only complain and even then, I still highly recommend it. If you will spend a lot of time off road, looks elsewhere because it isn't made for that but then again, I don't think many people will even get close to anything "off-road". I have already gone through some back trails to do some sightseeing and it did fine. Just FYI