Lift suggestions

I thought I was settled on a lift but rethinking it now.  I'm looking for 3-4" lift that rides best on the road, can handle a loaded down bed and works for light off road use.  I hit some forest trails and use it on the beach when on vacation.  The truck spends most time as a daily driver with weekend trail duty or loaded down for summer trips to the beach.  

What are the best options for ride quality?  I was thinking the Icon coilovers stage two but would still need blocks or something for the rear to get any lift out of the rear.  From what I understand the coilovers take care of the lift up front.  

Are there other better options and if not what do I need to add to the Icon kit to get the lift in the rear to match what I lift in the front?

I'd really like to hear from anyone who did a lift and can comment about the ride quality.  Currently I have the LTZ Z71 with the Rancho shocks and the ride is horrible in all driving conditions.  

Thanks

CST 4.5” Lift, it’s the perfect height, absolutely love mine!

Doesn’t widen the track width or turning radius and allow you to keep your stock wheels if you like them.

2cd984ff7cd3b10b0e5d725e30633a77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Coil Overs give the best ride quality overall. I’m using my truck as a daily driver much more now, perfect height for everything especially being able to get into and out of garage parking lots and much easier to get into and out with the 4.5”. I’m running 295/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on a 20x9 +1 offset Fuel wheel. CST Kit came with 3” rear blocks and I added an “add a leaf” so it won’t squat when hauling a few hundred pounds.

Front CST Coil Overs with rear CST rear Piggy Backs.
c1380f986caea53d0693d3c4bc11174c.jpg
281d395cac29e0d8ad4521d240ec0f25.jpg
d234839eb35540d2efd4b2d9e516db08.jpg
60383e159aeae795961fd165dd97124c.jpg

Out Hog Hunting
810454c23d2254c29e65098ebc4f086f.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Coil Overs give the best ride quality overall. I’m using my truck as a daily driver much more now, perfect height for everything especially being able to get into and out of garage parking lots and much easier to get into and out with the 4.5”. I’m running 295/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on a 20x9 +1 offset Fuel wheel. CST Kit came with 3” rear blocks and I added an “add a leaf” so it won’t squat when hauling a few hundred pounds.

Front CST Coil Overs with rear CST rear Piggy Backs.
c1380f986caea53d0693d3c4bc11174c.jpg
281d395cac29e0d8ad4521d240ec0f25.jpg
d234839eb35540d2efd4b2d9e516db08.jpg
60383e159aeae795961fd165dd97124c.jpg

Out Hog Hunting
810454c23d2254c29e65098ebc4f086f.jpg

That looks like exactly what I want.  Is there a kit number for the coilovers or part numbers for the blocks and leaf you used?  Did you do it yourself or have a shop do it?  Thanks

• Like 1

That looks like exactly what I want.  Is there a kit number for the coilovers or part numbers for the blocks and leaf you used?  Did you do it yourself or have a shop do it?  Thanks

Had a shop do it, took a couple days. It’s much more versatile than the 6” and the Kit itself is superior quality, hand crafted in the (California) USA. The stage one kit doesn’t come with front shocks or rears, I wanted something specific to the height and went with the same manufacturer. Heard great reviews on the kit from a few others in the forum and I’m so glad I did.

Here’s the cheapest I could find the kit for ($1600)

https://performancelifts.com/cst-2014-2018-gm-1500-4-5-stage-1-lift-csk-c3-19-1.html

Cst Coil Overs are approximately $1500 CST you’ll definitely want adjustable for the front, that’s my only gripe, wish I could adjust them.

On the rear shocks, starting around $130, you can go with anyone, CST, King or Fox. Fox shocks are more readily on the shelf versus custom built CST or King which could take a while for replacements. Fox are usually in stock or a day away.

i just ordered the bds 4" lift for my 2017 an the moto metal mo970 rims gloss black w 33x12.5 nitto ridge grapplers. install on tues.. ill post pics after.

-1.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks.  I checked their site and they don't have that kit out yet for the 2019+.    

I've read a lot on the Fabtech and Dirt Logic lifts.  Anyone running that with info?

Sorry. Procomp makes one, I’d hold off another year, avoid Fabtech. CST should have more coming out very soon, I wouldn’t rush into it. Call around tomorrow morning, 4wheelparts is who did mine and may recommend some but I’d even contact CST and just ask them what’s available or coming soon. Good luck!

I’ve got the 3” Rough Country kit on my High Country, I’m very happy with the ride, the front rides exactly the same but the rear is much better. I’m sure it’s because the shocks were replaced with e the RC  shocks and it made a very noticeable difference. Sorry, no pictures yet, I’m going to try to get some this weekend. 

I’ve got the 3” Rough Country kit on my High Country, I’m very happy with the ride, the front rides exactly the same but the rear is much better. I’m sure it’s because the shocks were replaced with e the RC  shocks and it made a very noticeable difference. Sorry, no pictures yet, I’m going to try to get some this weekend. 

I’d keep an eye on your front end geometry with that kit, it’s a stretched level. I’ve heard far to many horror stories on RC kits and the serious and expensive repairs that came with RC just for a look.

I've been super happy with my ReadyLift 4" lift. No issues with angles and only slight rubbing at full lock in reverse with 35s on 17s. Rides really smooth and even though I prefer a stiffer suspension on a lifted truck, I have 0 complaints. Install was pretty cake too. 

8 hours ago, Ericruiz911 said:

I've been super happy with my ReadyLift 4" lift. No issues with angles and only slight rubbing at full lock in reverse with 35s on 17s. Rides really smooth and even though I prefer a stiffer suspension on a lifted truck, I have 0 complaints. Install was pretty cake too. 

What shocks did you go with?  I assume the shocks were just stock length since the lift appears to use spacers and blocks with new UCA"s?  Thanks

• Like 1