Suspension Dilemma

2019 Silverado 1500 RST 4x4

I've been researching the best way to level out my truck for awhile now, but I haven't been able to pull the trigger on one.

My dilemma right now is, do I go with a block kit or a coilovers setup. They both have the same con, they run your ball joints and cv's at a more aggressive angle. But I figured a coilovers setup would provide a way better shock and ride at least.

But, but, but. Coilovers are very expensive and when they get worn it's expensive to replace or rebuild. If I go with blocks it's cheaper and replacement parts are cheaper.

My other dilemma is, I have read article after article saying stay away from leveling kits, due to the extra wear on suspension parts. So I thought about doing a 4" kit, but I will do all the work myself, scares the shit out of me to cut my brand new truck. I hate paying someone else to do it, installation cost are a ripoff in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This is the first time I've seen this kit.

https://www.newlevelmotorsports.com/csr3506.html?cmp=googleproducts&kw=csr3506&gclid=Cj0KCQjwwIPrBRCJARIsAFlVT8_w4PcZDFHL6rkpU7bGTc9dyLrGoirgk7MOo8_nkJL-2CMDdbDNsPkaApDqEALw_wcB#undefined2

I know Icon has a kit, but it really hurts the wallet. I wish Fox would come out with something.

There are many threads on this forum related to levelling or lifting.  Many of these threads discuss ways to compensate for the negative impacts and depreciated value resulting from this type of modification. I recommend that you keep reading. I was anxious to do this when my truck was new and glad I did more research.  My levelling kit is still in the box and my tires remain factory sized.  This way, I can achieve the maximum load capabilities and get the most life out of my suspension components.  Many of our efforts to make our trucks look tougher actually reduce stock capabilities!  I really like the look of a lifted truck but would own one only if I could afford a proper lift and have it professionally installed.  I also wouldn't buy a previously lifted truck unless there was supporting documentation that verifies a professional installation

9 hours ago, leverett.scott said:

I've been researching the best way to level out my truck for awhile now, but I haven't been able to pull the trigger on one.

My dilemma right now is, do I go with a block kit or a coilovers setup. They both have the same con, they run your ball joints and cv's at a more aggressive angle. But I figured a coilovers setup would provide a way better shock and ride at least.

But, but, but. Coilovers are very expensive and when they get worn it's expensive to replace or rebuild. If I go with blocks it's cheaper and replacement parts are cheaper.

My other dilemma is, I have read article after article saying stay away from leveling kits, due to the extra wear on suspension parts. So I thought about doing a 4" kit, but I will do all the work myself, scares the shit out of me to cut my brand new truck. I hate paying someone else to do it, installation cost are a ripoff in my opinion.

9 hours ago, leverett.scott said:

PART NO. 84629787 /2-inch Suspension Lift – 4WD  , ebay has the kit for $1000

• Like 1