Performance Uprades for 2019, 6.2L Silverado

I purchased a new 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4x4 6.2L High Country. I am exploring all options to get more horsepower. Other than the obvious cold air intake and cat back exhaust, what is available? Any recommendations? Does anyone have any experience with throttle body plates, replacing speed limiter, throttle adjusters, etc. Please provide source link for recommendations?

• Like 1

I talked to a Chevrolet Technician yesterday. Apparently, when you purchase the Chevrolet Air Intake Kit, there is a Chevrolet performance tune that only the dealerships have. Is this true? 

What about "Throttle Control Module's. 

I'm thinking the Chevrolet Air Intake Upgrade with a Borla Cat Back Exhaust and the Throttle Control Module should add 30+ HP and improve the lagging throttle response.

Looking for insight?

I purchased a new 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4x4 6.2L High Country. I am exploring all options to get more horsepower. Other than the obvious cold air intake and cat back exhaust, what is available? Any recommendations? Does anyone have any experience with throttle body plates, replacing speed limiter, throttle adjusters, etc. Please provide source link for recommendations?

There's only exhaust, intake, and oil catch cans. The throttle adjusters do noting to improve HP. All they do is trick the computer into thinking you pressed the pedal xx% more than you actually did.

Stainless works just released their exhaust and headers.

Several companies have cat back systems available.

Several companies have CAI's available but the GMPP one is there only one with a tune. This tune only changes the MAF mapping. From what I've been able to gather there's VERY little performance gains with that. I saw one person say they dynoed it and got 0hp and 1ft/lb of torque.

The exhaust is where people seem to get their performance gains right now since there's no tunes. The GMPP "performance package" with both the intake and exhaust add a total of 15hp and 9ft/lb over stock. I'm sure stainless works with the headers may get more gains but I haven't seen Dyno numbers on those yet. I wouldn't expect much more than the numbers from the performance package with just bolt ons...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Can anyone confirm if it is true that when you purchase a Chevrolet Air Intake kit for the 2019 Silverado 62.L, that part of the dealer install includes a upgraded tune? 

• 2 months later...
On 8/25/2019 at 1:24 PM, Joe Farr said:

I work at a gmc dealership. it is a maf calibration.

On 8/28/2019 at 4:15 PM, Joe Farr said:

Can anyone confirm if it is true that when you purchase a Chevrolet Air Intake kit for the 2019 Silverado 62.L, that part of the dealer install includes a upgraded tune? 

I had the dealer put in the cold air return and cat back exhaust. They told me they had to adjust the computer (and charged me for that time). But did not tell me what they did or what effect it has.

28 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

Yet you paid for it anyway?

If it needs ot be done it needs to be done. It was 85.00 and not optional. Do it or not get the parts.