Factory Single Exhaust to Factory Dual Exhaust?

I don't think it requires the different bumper, theoretically at least. The actual pipes end just before the bumper. The "tips" aren't actual tips attached to the pipes, but are separate cosmetic trim pieces bolted to the bumper. But even if the factory duals theoretically could fit with a standard bumper, it might look funny.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm sure the exhaust isn't much of a problem to install dual exhaust. We see them on trucks all the time. I have a 2020 1500 Elevation and found out I can get a factory bumper similar to an AT4 with the dual exhaust. The bumper should bolt up to my truck right? There is a different heat shield for the dual exhaust, I found them online for about 80 bucks.

I want to go the other direction.  Dual exhausts are not the best thing to have when hitching up a trailer.  I knew this was going to be an issue before I bought the truck, but I decided to just suck it up...literally.