OBD II Scanner

I got my first check engine light on my 2017 2500 6.0.  Dealer cleared the code and said let him know if the CEL comes back on.  Going to get a scanner. Looking at Harbor Freight Scanners. Anyone have a suggestion on a good scanner that will read all codes and collect live data etc.?

I think the code was P0324.  They kept it a few days. I’m not sure if they cleared it or it cleared itself.  The truck has 41k on it so full warranty is done.  Time to invest in a good scanner. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

My dad had a basic Innova one that could only read engine codes, and I needed a more advanced one to figure out what was going on with my truck when I bought it, I considered getting a higher end Innova, but they wanted stupid money for simple features (like $100 for enabling the ability to download saved data to a computer), so I got a Autel MD801 (engine, transmission, SRS, ABS, and it worked pretty good.  Then I needed to bleed the abs system when I replaced my brake lines, and to do that I got Autogenuity w GM Enhancement, which can read codes from all the trucks computers (more than 10 in my truck), as well as perform a bunch of diagnostic and service procedures.

If you are going to keep and work on your vehicle for an extended period of time, I would highly recommend getting access to the full-service manual (either paper version  or online), and something like Autogenuity.