New header install

15 minutes ago, truckguy82 said:

Blackbear is from cali, he fly’s across the country and sets appointments for street tunes. He is by a massive margin the most popular gm truck tuner.

Been on car forums with heavy interest in highly modified cars for 20 years now. I have heard countless stories and builds from all across the country. I’ve still have never heard of a tune alone costing $1500. It is not your area.

I’m aware of Him. He wasn’t in my area when I was looking for a tune. I’m beyond that at this point. Thank you for the info. 

I don't understand why everybody talks up BlackBear when all the stories are follow with "I've been waiting for a week for him to update my latest log"

When I put my cam in I sent my first log out on friday night and by Saturday by lunch I had my first tune back.  There is no way I would modify a truck and wait a week to get a tune back.  Imagine doing that with a cam.  You need to send what 7 or 8 logs to get every thing worked out.  That would take 2 months with blackbear.

23 hours ago, JONBLARC7 said:

I don't understand why everybody talks up BlackBear when all the stories are follow with "I've been waiting for a week for him to update my latest log"

When I put my cam in I sent my first log out on friday night and by Saturday by lunch I had my first tune back.  There is no way I would modify a truck and wait a week to get a tune back.  Imagine doing that with a cam.  You need to send what 7 or 8 logs to get every thing worked out.  That would take 2 months with blackbear.

I think what  @truckguy82 was saying is get with BlackBear when he is in or close to whatever town you live in. Which I also wouldn't want to wait for. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JONBLARC7 said:

They are not instant, but it’s never taken more than 24 hours for a response.

Blackbear is not for lumpy cams or FI people, in my opinion atleast. You need wideband in person tuning for heavy mods.

Blackbear is more tailored to the stock/bolt on guys that want to set it and forget it, and they do a damn good job at that.

• Like 1