I get a wind noise on the drivers door. Seems like it is around the windshield post and where the door meets. It almost seems like it turns into something rattling.It does not do it all the time.yesterday I drove 60 miles and no noise. Today it's making the noise. I checked the mirror and door seals and been trying to figure it out for a week.this one has me puzzled. Maybe it is inside the door.Today I made an appointment to take it in.not very confident with shop as yesterday they said they could not hear my axle jingling away as we drove down the road.

I have a 2019 Silverado LTZ with the same problem. Fortunately the service techs heard it too. However, without an existing bulletin on the specific problem, they are going to have to take the door panel off. It's like having a family member undergoing major surgery.  I'll post the resolution if they find it.

26 minutes ago, DMarkHarris said:

I have a 2019 Silverado LTZ with the same problem. Fortunately the service techs heard it too. However, without an existing bulletin on the specific problem, they are going to have to take the door panel off. It's like having a family member undergoing major surgery.  I'll post the resolution if they find it.

Thank you. I drove 180 miles the other day and it did not make the Noise at all.it was not very windy out however and I'm not confident that it has just gone away and won't be back. I do believe it has to be inside the door. Thanks for keeping me posted.

• 1 year later...
On 9/10/2019 at 12:08 PM, B.R.67 said:

Thank you. I drove 180 miles the other day and it did not make the Noise at all.it was not very windy out however and I'm not confident that it has just gone away and won't be back. I do believe it has to be inside the door. Thanks for keeping me posted.

Any updates to the noise

22 hours ago, Philbert said:

Any updates to the noise

My noise ended up being the plastic duct work behind the drivers side instrument panel going to the vent on the dash.when you were at a higher speed it would rattle on top of the metal bar that is part of the dash assembly. I placed burly seal between the duct and bar. I found the problem on this forum so it has been a issue with other trucks. 

43 minutes ago, B.R.67 said:

My noise ended up being the plastic duct work behind the drivers side instrument panel going to the vent on the dash.when you were at a higher speed it would rattle on top of the metal bar that is part of the dash assembly. I placed burly seal between the duct and bar. I found the problem on this forum so it has been a issue with other trucks. 

Thanks for the update. Was it a rattle noise or a loud howling? I have an AT4 6.2 with 1500 miles on it and for the first time over the weekend heard this very loud howling noise that came and went when I was driving about 75 mph in strong crosswind.  So loud my wife and I went WTF. 

I have a 2020 Silverado with the same noise problem when driving 70/75 mph and a high crosswind. Seems to be coming around the side mirrors. If i pull the side  mirrors in, the howling stops. Side mirrors out, howling starts. Noise is not constant, but very irritating.

1 hour ago, carortruck said:

Any update on this???

2020 crew cab same noise...sounds like someone playing the recorder badly.

Crosswind highway speeds

Haven't brought it to the dealer yet.  I'll keep you posted when I do

2020 Crew Cab—Same problem; mostly on the passenger side, but sometimes on the driver side. Nearly constant at 85 pushing headwinds or crosswinds. So loud it drowns out the stereo. Wife’s first 500 mile trip in the truck with me yesterday......she was not impressed, to say the least.

2020 Crew Cab—Same problem; mostly on the passenger side, but sometimes on the driver side. Nearly constant at 85 pushing headwinds or crosswinds. So loud it drowns out the stereo. Wife’s first 500 mile trip in the truck with me yesterday......she was not impressed, to say the least. I will try the mirrors in idea....sounds like it might be a temp fix, but being a “side mirror” driver, I need to find another fix. Thanks

One purpose of moving the mirrors from the old position in front of the glass down to the door shell was to eliminate this noise. Seems like it is airflow through the gap in the mirror pivot that is making the noise no mater where the mirror is mounted. Try putting a piece of tape over the front of the gap and see if the noise disappears.

So much for that engineering marvel that moved the blind spot created by the mirror to a different location, but did not cure the root cause of the problem. 

Mine is noticeable on the drivers side, but not so bad that I have worried about a permanent solution.

7 hours ago, Enough said:

One purpose of moving the mirrors from the old position in front of the glass down to the door shell was to eliminate this noise. Seems like it is airflow through the gap in the mirror pivot that is making the noise no mater where the mirror is mounted. Try putting a piece of tape over the front of the gap and see if the noise disappears.

So much for that engineering marvel that moved the blind spot created by the mirror to a different location, but did not cure the root cause of the problem. 

Mine is noticeable on the drivers side, but not so bad that I have worried about a permanent solution.

Thanks, I will give it a try. 

2021 Crew cab, load wind noise (sudden roaring noise then gone). In the body shop now. There is a strip of felt between the rear ends of the front fenders in the cavity behind the driver and passenger doors hinges. It is loose and twisted some all along the edges on the drivers side. All sealed on the passengers side. They say that most likely the problem.