My 21 Silverado 1500 sounds like a someone blowing over an empty pop bottle at 70+ with a strong crosswind.  Upper passenger side windshield is where it appears to be coming from.  

I thought maybe it was my new windshield.  This post has me thinking otherwise.  Anybody have a fix yet?

I have the same howling noise as well.  Only happens on strong windy days and I swear, I can literally feel the truck move a little likes it’s taking in wind when it happens.  Been waiting for a call back from my dealer for 3 weeks now with new door to Body seals.  

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2020 silverado, trailboss, and I have the same issue.  When driving into a crosswind, door or window whistles.  If it is a real windy day, it whistles so loud that I can barely hear the radio.  It is worse on the passenger side, but driver side will do it as well.  Dealership tried adjusting the passenger door twice, and it hasn't helped any.  

Does anyone have any updates/fixes to this issue?

I had maybe the same issue.  I took a video of it and sent it to the service guys. It sounded like a clarinet playing a single, really bad note.  Loud enough that it was hard to talk over.  Started with a strong head wind on the highway.  The lowest speed that it would make the noise was abt 65, but more often than not closer to 80.  One of the techs said that he know someone that had seen it before.  They found it.  It was the passenger side weather-strip that cause it.  They ordered new and replaced it.  We had 30 mph north wind they day they replaced it.  The tech could not reproduce the issue after replacing the weather-stripping.

I had maybe the same issue.  I took a video of it and sent it to the service guys. It sounded like a clarinet playing a single, really bad note.  Loud enough that it was hard to talk over.  Started with a strong head wind on the highway.  The lowest speed that it would make the noise was abt 65, but more often than not closer to 80.  One of the techs said that he know someone that had seen it before.  They found it.  It was the passenger side weather-strip that cause it.  They ordered new and replaced it.  We had 30 mph north wind they day they replaced it.  The tech could not reproduce the issue after replacing the weather-stripping.

• 1 month later...

I hadn't heard it again after that one time. Still hadn't brought it to the dealership.  Truck is 4 months old and only 2300 miles including a 1000 mile trip to buy it. I will update once I have the energy to bring it in. 

• 4 months later...
On 4/20/2021 at 11:51 AM, texasooner said:

On 4/20/2021 at 11:37 AM, texasooner said:

was it the weather strip around the door or window?

I just got back from a 500 mile trip out of town and experienced the same howling on the driver's side of my 2021 AT4.  Anyone know which weather stripping the dealers are changing out to alleviate this?

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Been having this same loud whistling issue at highway speeds with my 2021 6.2 liter AT4. However I seem to notice that when I hear this whistle as soon as I crack my window the whistling stops. Any ideas?

Edited by jrollie

• 1 month later...

Similar problem (2020 1500 RST), passenger side approximately below air vent in dash or adjacent spot on door.  Starts at about 45 mph.  Mine is more like a rattle/vibration that increases with speed.  Some crosswinds will nearly make it go away for a bit.  

On 3/16/2021 at 2:28 PM, Philbert said:

Thanks for the update. Was it a rattle noise or a loud howling? I have an AT4 6.2 with 1500 miles on it and for the first time over the weekend heard this very loud howling noise that came and went when I was driving about 75 mph in strong crosswind.  So loud my wife and I went WTF. 

I have a very loud howling on mine as well, but sounds like its coming near my left ear.  Was your sounds that high up on the door frame?  Mine is at 70 plus and cross winds as well. Just want to get this fixed asap. Any additional help is greatly appreciated.

On 4/19/2022 at 7:01 PM, BabyDmax74 said:

Similar problem (2020 1500 RST), passenger side approximately below air vent in dash or adjacent spot on door.  Starts at about 45 mph.  Mine is more like a rattle/vibration that increases with speed.  Some crosswinds will nearly make it go away for a bit.  

Same issue here. Did you ever find a solution? It’s driving me nuts!