Parking/Back up sensors

13 hours ago, cltsig said:

Wouldn't it have been easier to just google this or go to the Chevy/GMC site instead of asking here?  

Well I used this link from GM - https://www.vehicleaccessorycenter.com/inc/files/editor/files/2019_CHEVROLET_FULL_T1_Final.pdf

and as you can see there not listed.  I also googled it and found nothing.

I had no idea a GM forum wasn't for asking questions....go figure

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Your question was so vague and does not specify whether  you want to know if the brand new trucks offer it as an option or you are looking to add it to an existing truck. Phrase your question the right way and you will get better answers.

4 hours ago, cltsig said:

Your question was so vague and does not specify whether  you want to know if the brand new trucks offer it as an option or you are looking to add it to an existing truck. Phrase your question the right way and you will get better answers.

So are you the forum police?  If you don't know the answer...and evidently you don't...how bout just don't respond.  Why would I ask the question unless I wanted to buy them for my truck?  My question says do they offer for 2019 trucks.  Wouldn't that be considered new?  Looks like you just want to find something to complain about.  Or maybe you know the answer but you just don't like to share with others....lol...come on man 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jeffreydan32 said:

Why would I ask the question unless I wanted to buy them for my truck?  My question says do they offer for 2019 trucks.  Wouldn't that be considered new?

Not trying to pick at you but I think people were unsure of whether you actually already had the truck or were asking if sensors were an option if you were perhaps shopping for a new truck. Not really worth debating over - simply confusion. Sometimes what seems like a simple question doesn’t always have an equally simple answer, as I feel you could possibly find out in this case.

You wouldn’t look for standard equipment like sensors, steering wheels, engines or wire harnesses on a GM accessories site. You’d probably have to find a truck that already has the sensors and use the VIN off of it in order to find all the parts that would need to be ordered for whatever kind of sensors you’re wanting (park assist, blind spot, cross traffic alert, etc.) as well as knowing whether or not this can all be integrated into the vehicle you have (maybe you will need a new driver seat for the vibration warnings). You may need an upgraded Infotainment system so you can change settings. Any extra switches needed, or harnesses. Not that I am any sort of expert, but I can see this potentially turning into a huge project as far as just gathering all the required parts.

Next, I’d think you would need to know what, if anything, will need to be programmed.

Probably not a complete answer but I would hope it serves 2 purposes showing why people asked about your truck situation & then the scope of the research that might be needed. For all I know you might be able to walk into a dealer and ask them for a complete list of parts needed for a specific package and all the programming & labor.

Whatever you end up finding out & doing, I hope all goes well & sorry I’m not knowledgeable enough to fully answer your question but maybe it and the responses above will get you started in the right direction.

Edited by Wheelguy

• 8 months later...
On 9/11/2019 at 1:35 PM, Jon Hammermeister said:

Did you ever find parking/backup sensors? Recently received a new company truck SLT one would think it would come with these. Mine did not... 

Can they be added with out too much cost?

I talked to a buddy from Edmonds and seems to think a dealer can add them.....but new bumpers and wiring seems like it would cost a lot more than than if you just got safety pkg....my 2019 had them my 2020 2500 doesn't, not huge deal but if it wasn't too much maybe

• 1 year later...

I have a 2021 GMC 1500 and the rear bumper has sensors into it with looks like relays on each side of the bumper. When I am in reverse I have the indicator telling me how close I am to anything in back of me but no alarm. I went into the dealer and was told my truck did not come with back up alarm even it has sensors and relays in rear bumper. can I somehow hook these sensors up so my back up alarm works?