Engine chugging

Hello everyone I am new to the Forum and I have a question that hopefully you can help me with. I have a 2015 GMC Sierra work truck addition it has the 5.3 L and the 6-speed transmission. Recently while driving it and accelerating slowly at low speeds and at high speeds it starts to chug or jerk pretty bad while I'm accelerating could someone help me with why this might be happening? Thank you

If there isn't a CEL that tells me the problem isn't with the ignition system or sensors.

Could be fuel system.

Easiest thing is to try a fuel system cleaner.

BG44K 

Sea Foam

Chevron Techron

:)

My truck gets this same sensation when it hasn't warmed up yet at low speeds...kind of like a "fish biting" sensation. I attribute it to low speed preignition, which is common in direct injection motors...but mine goes away rather quickly after a mile or two. I don't get it when the engine is warmed up.

But like others have said...depending on the mileage it could be a number of things, and of course if there is a check engine light, that will tell you.

I think I have the same problem as well with my truck. 2018 5.3 with about 12,000 miles. I took it in to get it looked at but the mechanics said they couldn’t find anything wrong. Kinda bummed out because it can get irritating on a cold start. I watch the rpms and you can see it bounce up and the truck kinda has this jerking motion too. Any solutions besides cleaning the fuel system let me know !

Be very careful with this issue. That fish tugging sensation could easily be your transmission. I have a 2016 Yukon with the 6 speed transmission. It started doing this and needed a new transmission. $4700 if out side warrenty which it was by 50k highway miles. Still under the 5 year mark. GMC offered no good will.

The issue will only get worse until it happens at highway speeds. You can tell it's the issue if your rpms drift up by 200-250 and you feel the shudder. Get this fixed under warrenty or pay the price. If the dealer can't find any engine codes I would focus in the transmission. The transmission computer will not throw any codes either! Great engineering in GMCs part there. So you have to be vigilant with the dealer. Document everything and get it replaced before you hit your mileage. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but just speaking from recent experience.

Gook Luck!

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk