2500 HD - 10,650 lbs. GVWR?

C7A         GVWR, 10,000 lbs. (4536 kg)

On Base Sierra - Available to all models with L8T Gas Engine. L5P Diesel requires TK20*53 or T*20*43 models. L5P Diesel Not Available with TC20743 or any Regular Cab models.
 On SLE - Available to all models with L8T Gas Engine. L5P Diesel requires TK20*53 or T*20*43 models. L5P Diesel Not Available with TC20743 or any Regular Cab models. When ordered with (ZW9) pickup bed delete, includes hard touch instrument panel-top pad.
On SLT - Available to all models with L8T Gas Engine. L5P Diesel requires TK20*53 or T*20*43 models. L5P Diesel Not Available with TC20743. When ordered with (ZW9) pickup bed delete, includes hard touch instrument panel-top pad.
On Denali - Not available with (YF5) or (NE1) emissions. 

On AT4 - Available, no restriction listed 

First letter T= gmc,  C = chev
K = 4wd

C = 2wd

20 = 2500 

53 = long or std box double cab

43 = long or short crew 

The * in the 5th spot would be 7 if standard box and 9 if long

The other GVWR's use 'ref only' rpo codes, assigned based on truck configuration. 

examples:. 

JGF    GVWR, 10,650 lbs. (4831 kg)
Any trim - Included and only available with CK20743 model and (L8T) 6.6L V8 gas engine with 18" or 20" wheels or CK20943 and (L8T) 6.6L V8 gas engine with 17" wheels.

C4M    GVWR, 9900 lbs. (4490 kg)
Base trim or LT (sierra and SLE in GMC) - Included and only available with CC20903 model and (L8T) 6.6L V8 gas engine with 17" wheels. 

Other trims not available

Edited by redwngr

11 hours ago, MTU Alum said:

I believe you need option code cgo vs c7a.  CGO goes with 20" tires where c7a is the other sizes.  

#iworkforGM 

Order guide says C7A is not available on Denali trim.

Is there a work around?

3 hours ago, MTU Alum said:

Try CGO 

Can't find CGO.

Did a little more digging.

For 2019 model, C7A was freeflow, and 10,000lb, required L5P and crew cab on any sierra trim.

For 2020, C7A showed the restrictions in previous post.

Edited by redwngr

1 hour ago, redwngr said:

Can't find CGO.

Did a little more digging.

For 2019 model, C7A was freeflow, and 10,000lb, required L5P and crew cab on any sierra trim.

For 2020, C7A show the restrictions nin previous post.

So how are so many business owners in California driving new Denali 2500? I know their businesses are buying the trucks for the right offs

It's only going to become an issue if something happens. My business owns the truck and I have a DOT# but registered my truck as non-commercial in Minnesota. Still though, when i hookup to my 14k# flatbed trailer and go get a large part for work technically i would need those numbers.    No one will bother me though........ until something happens. 

7 minutes ago, Dan Forsythe said:

It's only going to become an issue if something happens. My business owns the truck and I have a DOT# but registered my truck as non-commercial in Minnesota. Still though, when i hookup to my 14k# flatbed trailer and go get a large part for work technically i would need those numbers.    No one will bother me though........ until something happens. 

Did you actually put the numbers on your truck Or you just have the actual number in your records

24 minutes ago, Kfroese said:

So how are so many business owners in California driving new Denali 2500? I know their businesses are buying the trucks for the right offs

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/reg_hdbk/appendix/appendix1f_fees

So I'm not 'knowledgeable' about Cali DMV rules, but, I had a quick look at their site, and the above page, at section .0190 Weight Fees for Commercial Vehicles With a Declared Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) of 10,000 Pounds or Less (Effective 01/01/2002) (CVC §9400)

Any chance you are mixing GVWR and GWR?

GVWR is the amount the vehicle and load can weight.

GVR is just the weight of the vehicle

(and GCWR is weight of truck+trailer+loads)

A quick look suggests to may that the fees just depend on what the GVR of the truck (ie what it actually weighs, before loads are added) rather than the GVWR which is what it is rated to weigh when loaded.

I'm assuming you don't pull a trailer, so the 26,000 pound commercial requirement isn't an issue. (or if you do, the trailer is small enough the the GCWR (rating for when truck and trailer are both at maximum load)

(Maybe I missed something in your explanation , or meed to spend more time at the DMV site)

Edited by redwngr

4 minutes ago, redwngr said:

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/reg_hdbk/appendix/appendix1f_fees

So I'm not 'knowledgeable' about Cali DMV rules, but, I had a quick look at their site, and the above page, at section .0190 Weight Fees for Commercial Vehicles With a Declared Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) of 10,000 Pounds or Less (Effective 01/01/2002) (CVC §9400)

Any chance you are mixing GVWR and GWR?

GVWR is the amount the vehicle and load can weight.

GVR is just the weight of the vehicle

(and GCWR is weight of truck+trailer+loads)

A quick look suggests to may that the fees just depend on what the GVR of the truck (ie what it actually weighs, before loads are added) rather than the GVWR which is what it is rated to weigh when loaded.

I'm assuming you don't pull a trailer, so the 26,000 pound commercial requirement isn't an issue. (or if you do, the trailer is small enough the the GCWR (rating for when truck and trailer are both at maximum load)

(Maybe I missed something in your explanation , or meed to spend more time at the DMV site)

I’m more concerned with the dot regulations, not the ca dmv stuff. Didn’t want to deal with dot and any extra requirements they have just because I want a more powerful truck. I’m just amazed the dealers don’t know what I’m talking about yet they tell me 90% of their business for these trucks is contractors. 

On 2/27/2020 at 11:26 AM, Dan Forsythe said:

@Dan Forsythedid it automatically send you dot stuff when you bought the truck or did you have to file yourself? I’m wondering if most guys just let it go knowing that it won’t be an issue 

My dot# is over 30 years old, Nothing happens automatically. In MN where I’m at we have the option to register as commercial or non-commercial. I registered as non-commercial since 98% of the time I’m not using it for business purposes that would qualify for DOT. I use the diesel to plow and pull my boat, 5th wheel or car hauler.