Bent upper control arm

BCMoto

So this weekend we went out on some trails again and on the way home I had a ball joint come loose from the upper a-arm and it bent the upper a-arm. Im gonna call the dealer to see if they will warranty the truck since its only a year old. The truck is a 2018 LTZ z71 with a RC 3.5in lift and 20x12's with 33s

heres a clip showing how bad it is

https://youtu.be/GN4T4xFgA20

That RC Lift has been known to do that. Just a little bad angle will over stress your components, 50/50 chance on warranty work depending on the dealership. If this is something you do off and on, I’d look at either replacing that overstretched crap RC with a real lift, even a RC 5” Bracket lift or start replacing your components with aftermarket parts. Good luck

Ok so the dealer took the truck in today and it will get looked at tomorrow and the service manager says once they get it on a lift he will take pictures of it all and let me know. As of right now he doesn't know if its covered yet but doesn't think that it shouldn't so that's a good thing. The upper a-arm in question is a OEM part and its the stamped steel upper. The lift kit is the 3.5" knuckle lift. I am debating on changing my whole setup next year, maybe going with a fabtech 6in or go way out of my budget and get a BDS 6in with coilovers and rear leaf springs. Then down sizing again from the 20's to a 18in rim with 35's

• Like 1

So no surprise the dealer doesn't want warranty the truck because the a arms are bent. I then asked him if they wernt bent then you could warranty this? He said yes. Why the hell do I need warranty on a part that's not broken. I already ordered some new fabtech upper control arms and hopefully I will be installing these this weekend.

• Like 1

Here are a few pics of the OEM damaged part and the new fabtech uni-ball a-arm. Rides nice no complaints. These seem way stronger and make me feel better about going out on trails again. I rather have this closer to home rather when we go to moab in February.

a-arm installed.jpg

fabtech a-arm.jpg

oem a-arm.jpg

oem a-arm1.jpg

vs a-arm.jpg

• Like 1