Took truck in to the Chevy dealer .. Code P12A6 came through on the scan. This is a fuel pump driver fault code. The dealer found Bulletin #20-NA-218 which addressed the spin but no fire problem and instructed to reprogram the ECN. As I read the bulletin & code P12A6.. I believe this bulletin address' the problem. We shall see, but I have confidence that the issue is resolved. 

• 6 months later...

I have a 2015 Silverado with the code P12A6. I have had the ECM changed the fuel module changed and the fuel pump changed even have had a ground rewired. All just to land on the truck leaving me stranded which is weird because in the morning it works just fine on the way home from work is when it turns off on me. I cannot find any resolutions to this problem has anyone figured this out? This is the weirdest code I have ever seen and when it leaves me stranded i can wait a little bit and then it cranks back up just enough for me to be able to pull it over to the side so i can leave it for a couple hours and come back to get it to take it home.

• 5 months later...
On 12/23/2019 at 1:51 PM, Icefisher said:

I am embarrassed to report my issue was operator error.

When I was washing my truck, I cleaned the Weather-Tech Floor mats.  When I reinstalled them, I accidentally covered the accelerator pedal.  By doing this, the vehicle will turn over but will not fire.

I didn't feel too bad, because it took the tech 5hrs to find the issue as well.  My dealer was really cool, and did not charge me a dime for the issue.

Thanks so much for your post! I tried a new fuel control module, which didn't fix it, and was just getting ready to have it towed when I read your post. Just cleaned my truck right before this happened and unknowingly covered the gas pedal. Debating on letting my wife know or not. Thanks again!!!

• 1 year later...

I just had the same issue described above, washed my floormats, replaced them, (accidentally put my floor mat over the gas pedal and didn’t know it) and then tried to start the truck.  Turned over but wouldn’t start.  Thanks for posting this, saved me a lot of headaches and time.  Put the floor mat in correctly, and it started right up.  2019 GMC Sierra 1500.  Your post is appreciated!