Add me to this list too. I love how this truck looks and was having a hard time finding one in my area so I bought it used. It's a 2020 Custom Trail Boss and I got it with 8,000 miles. The first time the truck did not start was when I took it off-roading. Literally the worst place for this to happen. No service and no one around. After about 30 minutes the truck finally started. My initial thoughts on why it may have happened is because I was parked on a slope with little gas. I brushed this one off since the truck ended up starting anyway.

Fast forward a month and the same exact thing happens but this time I was in a grocery store parking lot with about 3/4 tank. At this point I knew there was something faulty with the truck. I called a local tow company and as soon as the guy arrived my truck starts up. The tow truck driver told me he has been seeing this type of issue on new trucks and did mention GM vehicles.

I love this truck and would like to keep it but it would be unfortunate if this were to happen during an emergency. That reason alone will make me want to get rid of it. I scheduled an appointment with my local dealership and will update once I hear what they have to say.

I should have gotten a Tundra. GM might be the new Ford lol.

*******Update********

3/14/2021

Dealership completely took care of this and haven't had an issue for several months. I forgot exactly what they said but it was something along the lines of a software update that was needed. I'm glad this worked because this is a beautiful truck and would have been sad to settle for anything else.

Edited by IOA
Update

On 12/28/2020 at 10:41 AM, Kevin Medeiros said:

Anyone have this fixed yet? I'm thinking GM may have no idea what's actually going on with these issues.

Haven't had a single issue since tightening the UBC bolts. That did the trick. Runs like a champ now. 

14 minutes ago, NHM25 said:

Haven't had a single issue since tightening the UBC bolts. That did the trick. Runs like a champ now. 

What are the UBC bolts? I'm not a car guy, but I've installed batteries, changed fuses and installed hoses/belts before without any issue. What am I looking for? If it's just a matter of tightening some bolts I'd rather do that than have the service guys mess with it.

8 hours ago, Kevin Medeiros said:

What are the UBC bolts? I'm not a car guy, but I've installed batteries, changed fuses and installed hoses/belts before without any issue. What am I looking for? If it's just a matter of tightening some bolts I'd rather do that than have the service guys mess with it.

Read this and decide whether you want to do this or your dealer tech.  It's very easy IMO, but be careful.

Bulletin (PIT5756).pdf

Edited by Steve-2019
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Steve-2019 said:

Read this and decide whether you want to do this or your dealer tech.  It's very easy IMO, but be careful.

BUELLTIN (PIT5756).pdf 1.02 MB · 7 downloads

Yep... that's what did it for me. I meant UBEC bolts... sorry for confusion... essentially the bolts that secure the fuse box to the body of the truck under the hood. If not tightened, it may not be properly grounded. This solution has worked for me and a few other folks, but not all. Worth a shot and probably something you can easily do -- at the very least show your dealer this bulletin. 

• 2 weeks later...

You can add me to this list.  Tried to start the vehicle, cranked slowly would not start.  It usually starts after waiting 3 to 4 minutes.  It happens almost every time I start the truck.  The dealership in my area will not return my calls, my wife is pregnant and I can't drive her car due to a previous accident.  So what happens when my wife goes into labor and my car doesn't start?  I guess I'll have to bite the bullet on a $5k fine for driving her car with no insurance.

• 2 months later...
On 12/23/2019 at 12:51 PM, Icefisher said:

I am embarrassed to report my issue was operator error.

When I was washing my truck, I cleaned the Weather-Tech Floor mats.  When I reinstalled them, I accidentally covered the accelerator pedal.  By doing this, the vehicle will turn over but will not fire.

I didn't feel too bad, because it took the tech 5hrs to find the issue as well.  My dealer was really cool, and did not charge me a dime for the issue.

This just got my boss's truck up and running as he thought he was dead in the water.  Thank you Google and thanks to this forum!!  

• 3 weeks later...

Add me to the list to 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 3.0 ,100 miles on it.Stopped at hardware pushed start button and it just turned over for a couple of minutes without starting.Kept pushing start button to get it to stop but nothing would stop it,then it stopped.Pushed button again it started up.Took it to the dealer for exhaust leak in the cabin(incomplete weld around valve,below turbo)and to check the not starting problem.Replaced valve and said the no start problem did not leave a code and gm has no info on this lol.100 miles on it and two major problems.Gm’s quality control is disappointing.700 miles on it now and it has not done it again yet ,but it looks like it could happen again anytime.Traded my 2019 Silverado 5.3 new body style.Had brake failure (Almost slammed into a back of a car at my granddaughters school) and multiple recalls.Im a gm person,I own a 2010 camaro from new,my wife has 2020 equinox and owned at least 30 others over the years and never had a problem.