19 hours ago, steve841 said:

Happen to have any more specific info on this service bulletin?

It is written to include setting a code DTC P12A6 (if I can read the writing correctly).  Had to run the second key FOB over to the dealership today because they have to re-program them.   Still waiting to get my truck back and hoping it fixes it!

19 hours ago, steve841 said:

Happen to have any more specific info on this service bulletin?

The bulletin includes setting a code DTCP12A6 (if I am reading the writing correctly).  Had to run the second key FOB over to the dealership today because they have to re-program them to the new ECM.  Still waiting for my truck and I hope it fixes the problem!

On 12/14/2019 at 4:26 PM, RAYS B4U said:

Since it turns over, but just doesn't start, I wouldn't think the loose battery cable recall would be a fix for it, but you might have them check it.

My 2019 5.3L has done this a few times BUT also had gone on a 2 minute cranking frenzie which i couldn't stop.  No foot on the brake.  Push the idiot button a bunch of times hoping it stops.  Have had the truck 11 months.  Hubby is at dealer now for oil change and it wouldn't start for him in the parking lot.  

Just had this happen to me last night. 3 months old, 7500 miles. Went into the store for 5 minutes and would not start. The starter just cranks for about 10 seconds before shutting off. Couldn’t get it to start over a period of an hour. 
Chevy Roadside took it to my dealer where they reported no issues and it started right up for them. Told me that it might have been because of my work HID access fob interfering with the signal from my key. Cited some low amperage shown in the system or something. 

Total BS, I’ve had that HID fob in my truck since I bought it. But since they can’t replicate it, nothing I can do. 

Hopefully it doesn’t happen again. 

So sorry to hear that this happened to you.  So far, so good on my repair.  Tell you dealer to check for Service bulletin PIP5733, Cranks, wont start.  Intermittent. From my invoice, check fuel pressure when it doesn't start to verify if it is low.  Internal engine controller fault.  Replace engine control module.  Now, mine had set code P126A, but it didn't set it until I tried cranking about 10 times.  They can call the tech line and ask for more information if they need more information.  

Hope that this information helps.

add me to the list.... 2020 silverado trail boss- 6.2- truck died

2999 miles, went to make a left hand turn on Tues evening and the truck shut off.  No power steering, no power and wouldn't restart.  I sat in the middle of a two lane road for over 30 minutes waiting for a cop and tow truck.

Towed to the nearest dealer, that I didn't purchase it from.  they are very familiar with me as we have bought 6-7 vehicles from them.  They too, couldn't get the truck to start, no rental because they are out of rentals at the moment.  They think its a fuse block.  Told the service advisor there are 11 pages on similar issues and told them about the site.  

its Friday afternoon and I still haven't heard back from the dealer (Sapaugh in Herculaneum MO).

called the dealer and the “part” still hasnt shown up yet, they aren’t sure whether it was shipped fed ex or UPS.  I call bulls*t.  They know how it was shipped but I bet they can’t figure out what’s wrong so I won’t have my 60k truck back until Monday..... maybe.

I have zero confidence in this truck after reading the last 11 pages.  ugh

Dave

Edited by Handysix1

Guess I am joining the list too. 2021 Silverado RST with 1059 miles. Yesterday, truck would not start with remote or when I got inside the cab. It would crank, but not turn over. I waited about an hour and the truck started (with engine light remaining on). I took right to dealership, and was told that low fuel rail pressure was the code thrown. Turns out to be the ECM. A bulletin has been released.  They have to order the part and said it could take up to two weeks. 

The dealership did flash the ECU and now the engine light is off and truck starts/runs normally. Hope nobody else runs into this problem.

after a week at the dealership and daily calls with the service advisor my truck is being delivered to my house.  apparently the fuse block needed to be replaced that does the starter and soleniod?

the service mgr was supposed to call me last night- no call so showed up this am at 7:30 to talk to him.  They finished it yesterday but never called me.  unreal.  

we'll see how it does- still pretty pissed

On 9/18/2019 at 3:20 PM, B.R.67 said:

Two weeks ago I went to start my truck and it would just continue to turn over and would not start. I attempted to start it approximately six times and it would just turn over. I let it sit for 3 to 4 minutes and then it started. I told the service department about it because I was there for my front axle noise . They said well if it is starting now and the engine light is  not on nothing we can do. Today I went to leave home and the same thing. Turn over no start. I called the dealership they said have it towed in. I get off the phone with them and it starts. They said nothing we can do and no other complaints like this. Today after 2 weeks I have finally got a hold of my GM service advisor for the differential noise and told her about this issue. She said she will call me back ? . This is my fifth new GM pickup since 2002 and Im beginning to wonder if my sixth will be a GM.

I own a 2019 GMC Sierra 500 AT4 and I have been having the same issues with starting my truck and or it does not read the Fob. 
Took the truck into dealership and of course nothing found. 
This last time my cousin started the truck while I was gone and in week two I started the truck with my Phone app. 
Got home on week three and it was completely dead. Took the jumper cables and a jumper box to start the truck. Prior to that on the screen I did not have the GMC emblem I had the Cadillac emblem. 
Dealership said it had some faults and claimed the batter was fine until the day after returning from surgery, one day and the truck had to be jump started again. May be time to trade this truck in. 
I hope this helps others and someone may have suggestions. 

Just wanted to comment on this thread. I have about 7k on my truck after about a year. Drove it today. Got home and noticed I needed to clean my floor mat. Took the fronts out and sprayed/wiped them down. It had gotten dark by the time they were dry. Put them back in the truck. Went out about an hr ago to pull the truck in the garage. Pressed the button and just constant starter but no start. Tried about 3 or 4 times. Came inside and jumped right on the forum. On the first page I read the OP’s post about the floor mat. Went outside and sure enough I had covered my gas pedal with the GM mat. Moved the mat and it fired right up. I know EVERYONE isn’t covering their gas pedal, but could there be an issue that is replicating the engine being flooded or whatever is happening when the gas pedal is held down for a period of time?

That being said, even though my problem was caused by me, it wouldn’t have been an issue if GM WOULD PUT SOME DAMN LIGHTS IN THE FLOOR so you could see!

Also thanks for people posting on the forum because it definitely saved me an embarrassing tow to the dealership.

1 hour ago, Ritchie Brown said:

Drove it today. Got home and noticed I needed to clean my floor mat. Took the fronts out and sprayed/wiped them down. It had gotten dark by the time they were dry. Put them back in the truck. Went out about an hr ago to pull the truck in the garage. Pressed the button and just constant starter but no start. Tried about 3 or 4 times.

Exactly what happened to me.  I wanted to clean the truck up nice for a date with the better half.  Got home from the wash and damned thing wouldn't start to save my life.  Thought maybe a blown fuse since I got the pressure washer way up underneath.  Nadda

Truck eventually started after coming back out 30 minutes later.  Figured a hiccup in the ECM.  Wanted to take it for a run to see if everything seemed OK.  Got to the stop sign and noticed the matt was on the accelerator and pulled it off.  Thought nothing of it until I saw this. 

Copy that on the comment about having more lights on the floor.  And brighter in the cabin, too!  Can’t even read the mail when I get it out of the mailbox until I go inside!  I suspect that there are two different failure modes going on.  Floor mats on the gas pedal after the Toyota recall, and a bad ECM / low fuel pressure.

I agree the cab lighting suck. My 03 has better lighting and it's not great. But my Corvette Convertible really sucks. 2 lights under the mirror and 2 in the floor wells. It may as well not have interior lights.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk