I’m joining the no fire club.

2020 TB with 3500miles and 4 weeks old.

About a week ago it wouldn’t start, would turn over fine just not fire. I thought I ran it out of gas, I had dine 400miles on a tank but the gas gauge had 1/8 left and the computer said I had 90miles of range. I  got a jerry can and 2gal of gas and put it in then it started fine, drove to the gas station and put 18gal in. With a 24gal tank I should have had 4gal left when it wouldn’t start so I think the gauge and computer were right.

Then four days ago with 7/8 of a tank. It would turn over and not start again. Doing a bit of problem solving myself I figured there’s a vacuum is in the tank that the fuel pump wasn’t over coming (I can’t remember if the fuel pump came on when I opened the door or not). So I got out and opened and closed by the gas tank, then I started normally. It’s been at the dealer for three days now. Very very frustrating from a new truck. I was very close to buying a tundra but the chev was a couple grand cheaper. Kind of regretting that now.

62 days out of service. Five attempts to fix. The last time they ‘fixed’ it I went to pick it up and it did it infront of the service manager. Spent a month trying to figure out what was causing the problem. Fuel control modules, steering column sensors, etc etc. All the while I am making payments. Now I finally initiated the process with gm regarding a buyback and that has been a month and a half long fiasco. Finally yesterday their ‘remedy’ is that they offered a field service tech to inspect the vehicle. A field service tech has been looking at the vehicle for two months. LAUGHABLE. 

Went out this morning and got this. 

GMC you have a problem with these vehicles and instead of doing the right thing you are screwing consumers. 

Edited by mg2020at4

• 2 weeks later...

I can now be added to this as well. 2020 1500 Sierra AT4 6.2L. I have had it 2 months, and just over 3,000 miles on it. I have the exact same issue. Attempted 4 times until the low battery light lit. It was towed to the dealership.

I have the same issue with my 2020 Silverado in the last two weeks.   I have been able to let it sit a minute and it starts with the keyless remote.   The dealer is trying to replicate the problem today and let people know if they find a solution.  

I have the same issue, started yesterday on my 2020 Denali 1500 with the 6.2. I purchased the truck new the end of April and it currently has 4900 miles on it. Crank and crank with no start. I did eventually get it to stay running on the 5th or 6th go by pressing the pedal once it started to sound like there was some ignition taking place. CEL came on and I was sent an email from Onstar to get the truck serviced. I drove it another 120 miles with multiple starts and stops with no issues. I made the appointment and brought it in this morning and when the dealer tech was going to drive the truck in to the shop it wouldn't start for him so I had instant validation of the complaint.

This is what was relayed to me by the service advisor after 2.5 hours: 

*This is a known emerging issue they're working on with these vehicles and other GM models though this is the first one my dealer has seen.

*The tech had to do extensive electrical testing to send data back to GM engineers.

*GM doesn't know exactly what the problem is but the current fix is to replace the ECM and fuel pump assembly. Suspected issue is somewhere in the circuit between the ECM and fuel sender electronics.

*The good news is the the ECM is on the shelf. The bad news is the fuel pump is backordered so my brand new $70k truck can't be relied on to start when I need it to. I left it at the shop so it will sit in their way until they get it repaired which could be 5 weeks! 

I'm a former automotive engineer and manager for OEMs and tier 1 suppliers. I worked in electrical design, product improvement, quality and manufacturing. I currently own 4 auto repair shops as my 2nd career when I got tired of the stress and corporate politics. I'm telling you this because I have a pretty good insider view on how things work when problems happen. I will tell you with 100% certainty that people at GM, Ford, and Chrysler get VERY worked up when there is a problem with the trucks because they are the cash cow that drives sales for the entire brand. I'm sure this is getting a ton of attention to get a fix in place ASAP. I hope it happens soon because I'm pretty disappointed. I love my new truck and want to drive it... FWIW I traded in a 2018 Sierra 1500 SLT and had no issues in 60k miles. My 2013 Ram was basically problem free for 150k miles (only broken exhaust manifold bolts and dead stereo/touchscreen after 120k).

• Like 4

On 6/30/2020 at 3:14 PM, tystaples said:

I'm a former automotive engineer and manager for OEMs and tier 1 suppliers. I worked in electrical design, product improvement, quality and manufacturing. I currently own 4 auto repair shops as my 2nd career when I got tired of the stress and corporate politics. I'm telling you this because I have a pretty good insider view on how things work when problems happen. I will tell you with 100% certainty that people at GM, Ford, and Chrysler get VERY worked up when there is a problem with the trucks because they are the cash cow that drives sales for the entire brand. I'm sure this is getting a ton of attention to get a fix in place ASAP. I hope it happens soon because I'm pretty disappointed. I love my new truck and want to drive it... FWIW I traded in a 2018 Sierra 1500 SLT and had no issues in 60k miles. My 2013 Ram was basically problem free for 150k miles (only broken exhaust manifold bolts and dead stereo/touchscreen after 120k).

Very cool.  What type of auto repair shops do you own?  Also, welcome to the forums.  What kind of 13 Dodge did you have?

On 6/30/2020 at 4:14 PM, tystaples said:

I have the same issue, started yesterday on my 2020 Denali 1500 with the 6.2. I purchased the truck new the end of April and it currently has 4900 miles on it. Crank and crank with no start. I did eventually get it to stay running on the 5th or 6th go by pressing the pedal once it started to sound like there was some ignition taking place. CEL came on and I was sent an email from Onstar to get the truck serviced. I drove it another 120 miles with multiple starts and stops with no issues. I made the appointment and brought it in this morning and when the dealer tech was going to drive the truck in to the shop it wouldn't start for him so I had instant validation of the complaint.

This is what was relayed to me by the service advisor after 2.5 hours: 

*This is a known emerging issue they're working on with these vehicles and other GM models though this is the first one my dealer has seen.

*The tech had to do extensive electrical testing to send data back to GM engineers.

*GM doesn't know exactly what the problem is but the current fix is to replace the ECM and fuel pump assembly. Suspected issue is somewhere in the circuit between the ECM and fuel sender electronics.

*The good news is the the ECM is on the shelf. The bad news is the fuel pump is backordered so my brand new $70k truck can't be relied on to start when I need it to. I left it at the shop so it will sit in their way until they get it repaired which could be 5 weeks! 

Good to see another one from the industry,  Have you seen camshaft scaring on the Hemis from 2009 to 2014?  TIPM was a big problem and still havent been changed out.  

I may have everyone beat on my timeline to frustration. Just purchased new 2020 GMC AT4 from Van GMC Buick in Scottsdale 3 DAYS AGO! The assembly date is June 20, 2020! It ran great the first two days... day 3, won't start. Total of 170 miles on the truck. Same issues that everyone has noted. Came outside, tried to open her up with the key fob and the battery was completely dead. Had to open manually. Push start did not function, no power whatsoever... basically a $65k brick in my driveway.

Connected battery to wife's Explorer and got the dash to light up but it wouldn't start. Tons of error messages. Kept trying to start it and it finally lights up... but was running very rough with knocking. This morning, started it up and it ran great. Dropped it off at dealer and they tell me there are no codes, it's running fine, the alternator and the battery look good. So I send them the videos below and a link to this thread... No word yet but will keep you all posted. So incredibly frustrating. Love the truck but now have to worry about this... what happens if it doesn't start when my family and I are in the middle of the woods camping/hunting? Ridiculous. 2020 could not get any worse.