Icefisher - I intentionally pushed the gas pedal down before hitting the start button and mine still started like normal? So what were the parameters for the floor liner being over the gas pedal that made it not start??? Inquiring minds want to know................ 

looks like this thread is expanding and i am wondering if ole Icefisher might have gotten bamboozled by the service guy and still has a problem with his truck!

Edited by Dnt
added info

2020 GMC Sierra bought in Oct 2019.

First issue was with no prior notices or indications at ~4,500 miles the pickup started up in parking lot and after 10 to 15 feet and shut off, restarted and before I could get into drive it shut off again. Truck wouldn’t start and after 15 minutes it started with engine light on. Drove directly to dealership and the service manager didn’t get code saved, but was something like Fuel System Low Circuit Code. Cleared code and have not had this same problem since, BUT....

Three times in the last 3,000 miles I have not been able to start my pickup. It just turns over without starting and after the 4th time of trying a low battery light appears. Let is sit for about 10 to 15 minutes and it starts right up. Problem, as stated by others above no code. Took it to dealership and since no code they could not replicate issue. I have documented all of these issues with dealership, but am really frustrated that a new pickup will not stay running or start at all. 

On 12/23/2019 at 1:51 PM, Icefisher said:

I am embarrassed to report my issue was operator error.

When I was washing my truck, I cleaned the Weather-Tech Floor mats.  When I reinstalled them, I accidentally covered the accelerator pedal.  By doing this, the vehicle will turn over but will not fire.

I didn't feel too bad, because it took the tech 5hrs to find the issue as well.  My dealer was really cool, and did not charge me a dime for the issue.

I have a 2019 At4 with the 6.2.  I have had the same issue with not starting but mine throws codes. If it sits for 30 mins it will start every time.  The codes always show cam sensor and low voltage.   I have taken it to the dealer three times. GM engineers had the dealership replace the cam sensor (nope), reprogram (nope) and the third time go through the wiring harness and replace the fuse box.  GM literally has no clue what is causing it.  Just got it back today.  I have zero confidence it’s fixed.  Should have waited to spend $55k on something that doesn’t run. 

Edited by BCBGoutdoors

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2020 at 9:54 PM, BCBGoutdoors said:

I have a 2019 At4 with the 6.2.  I have had the same issue with not starting but mine throws codes. If it sits for 30 mins it will start every time.  The codes always show cam sensor and low voltage.   I have taken it to the dealer three times. GM engineers had the dealership replace the cam sensor (nope), reprogram (nope) and the third time go through the wiring harness and replace the fuse box.  GM literally has no clue what is causing it.  Just got it back today.  I have zero confidence it’s fixed.  Should have waited to spend $55k on something that doesn’t run. 

Mine does the same exact thing.  Took it to dealer and they said it was a bad fuel control module, which I guess kind of make sense.  When the issue occurs, sometimes the engine will actually start but will shutter off after idling for maybe 1-2 seconds.  This is what makes me think it may actually be the fuel control module.  

Fingers crossed that it fixes the issue because it is a pain in the ass not knowing if my $60k brand new truck is going to start for work.  It has happened about once a month since I've owned it. 

On 1/9/2020 at 12:10 AM, Bradley Johnson said:

2020 GMC Sierra bought in Oct 2019.

First issue was with no prior notices or indications at ~4,500 miles the pickup started up in parking lot and after 10 to 15 feet and shut off, restarted and before I could get into drive it shut off again. Truck wouldn’t start and after 15 minutes it started with engine light on. Drove directly to dealership and the service manager didn’t get code saved, but was something like Fuel System Low Circuit Code. Cleared code and have not had this same problem since, BUT....

Three times in the last 3,000 miles I have not been able to start my pickup. It just turns over without starting and after the 4th time of trying a low battery light appears. Let is sit for about 10 to 15 minutes and it starts right up. Problem, as stated by others above no code. Took it to dealership and since no code they could not replicate issue. I have documented all of these issues with dealership, but am really frustrated that a new pickup will not stay running or start at all. 

Same exact issue here but I made it to the dealer before the code reset itself this time.  They say bad fuel control module.  I should have a new one installed in the next week

Picked up my new 2020 RST -1500 last night  (30 miles on the odometer).. Came home with the truck ,went to give the wife a ride the and the same thing happened to me (cranks , but it wont start) … It was late,,, but I called the salesman anyway... He stated that he will have it towed to the dealer to see what may be wrong with it in the morning... Tow truck could not tow because - they can not / will not  drag it on the flat bed (as the neutral can not be achieved ,due to the push  start system)..  However the truck started … I took it to the dealer and the service manager  along with the technicians diagnose every possible issue / related system -- and NOTHING WAS FOUND WRONG... 

NOTE: The tow truck driver told me that that issue is more common then what they are willing to admit... He had seen it many times with the new push start Silverado … So they know that there is something wrong... This the second day that I own this truck and I wish I could return it...  

14 minutes ago, Rafael Halim said:

Picked up my new 2020 RST -1500 last night  (30 miles on the odometer).. Came home with the truck ,went to give the wife a ride the and the same thing happened to me (cranks , but it wont start) … It was late,,, but I called the salesman anyway... He stated that he will have it towed to the dealer to see what may be wrong with it in the morning... Tow truck could not tow because - they can not / will not  drag it on the flat bed (as the neutral can not be achieved ,due to the push  start system)..  However the truck started … I took it to the dealer and the service manager  along with the technicians diagnose every possible issue / related system -- and NOTHING WAS FOUND WRONG... 

NOTE: The tow truck driver told me that that issue is more common then what they are willing to admit... He had seen it many times with the new push start Silverado … So they know that there is something wrong... This the second day that I own this truck and I wish I could return it...  

The dealer put a new fuse box in mine two weeks ago and it failed again for the fourth time. GM has no idea what is causing it.  I would make them take it back. 

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same issues on my 2020 silverado wt. 2300 miles are on it. I drove to my son's school dropped him off and then the truck would not start. Tired starting it a few times and i didnt work. Called a tow truck. The tow truck came out about a hour later and it started for him first try. But I had a check engine light on. Dealer is looking into it now I will post what they find.

Brand new 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 same problem.  I am researching this for my brother in-law.  His description is exactly the same.  Vehicle will turn over but will not start.  Dealer had him shift to neutral from park, and truck started and ran fine.  He drove it to the dealer and dropped it off to have it looked at.

Same story from Dealer, no error codes, they had no idea what to fix so "come get truck" and drive it.

It has done this (3) times now in the last 2 weeks.  No rime or reason.  Once in the garage at home, and twice trying to leave work.

After the 3rd time they are now replacing an electronic control module, for the fuel pump but are not sure it will resolve the problem.

Pretty frustrating to have a brand new truck and have this kind of problem withing the first month of owning it.

On 1/4/2020 at 1:50 PM, Dnt said:

Icefisher - I intentionally pushed the gas pedal down before hitting the start button and mine still started like normal? So what were the parameters for the floor liner being over the gas pedal that made it not start??? Inquiring minds want to know................ 

Did you have the pedal all the way to the floor?  (WOT?)

Holding the pedal to the floor and cranking is the method the OM outlines to clear a flooded engine. 

Edited by redwngr