Steering wheel bowtie

I've seen where some have vinyl wrapped the gold bowtie in the steering wheel to black. Is there a trim level or option that comes factory with the black bowtie? Was in a 2019 blazer today and it had a black bowtie. Looks like the same steering wheel. Could the horn/cover be swapped?

1 hour ago, FiatDale said:

Expensive swap for black bow tie. Try vinyl, or remove the airbag, tape off, and plastidip

Yes it is. I wasn't sure if it was just a cover or had the airbag in it so I called the parts counter and it does have the airbag in it. I can live with the gold bowtie. Might try vinyl one of these days.

I tried a little precut decal off eBay awhile back. It looked okay but wasn’t as sticky as I hoped on that textured surface. Seemed like it would come off with the first cleaning so I just got rid of it. Might try some other things at some point, but just dealing with it for now.

1F027C1B-2BF1-43D7-AE19-0D1FDF44115B.thumb.jpeg.387fa141592a5c62ec198413a94ff30f.jpeg

• 6 months later...

is there any way to remove the airbag from the cover on 2019 Silverado LT? I can get it of the steering wheel, but how do you get the airbag off to access the emblem? I loosened the four nuts on the back side, but the bag didn't move at all. I buttened it all back up for now, but would like to get at the emblem itself to replace. any help?