In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Done with GM... 2018 1500 Crew cab.  46K miles.  

About 30K rear brake was making a "pop" noise.  Was told suspension was making noise.  (2"+  level kit and airbag assist). Then, got worse.   Brought in again today and the brakes squeak every time you apply and release WHILE THE TRUCK IS OFF AND STILL.  Can't be suspension.  SO... they finally agree it is a bad caliper.   Clearance for pins is too large.  1 pin is bent.  Charge me $75 to Diag of course.   But, not covered under warranty anymore (miles).   Not under extended either of course.  

I call customer service and was told o-well.  List the suspension change could have caused the caliper to have these issues.

GM sucks.  I get a new truck every 18-24 months.   (mileage) Once I had my windshield wiper motor go after 10 months of owning the truck.   Just under 41K miles.   No warrantee coverage.  

Seems to be the motto of the company.  Lets not even get into the vibration and spring clunk issues.   (had on the '15, '17, and now the '18.).  Ford, F150 next?

Its not just the caliper... It's the repeat lack of customer service.   Whenever there is an issue with the bow tie we are told "normal".   My '12 had a vent fan go out after 10 months.   I was @ 40k miles.  Not covered.   Wiper motor on another truck goes out under a year buy just outside of warranty, not covered.    My '15, '17, and '18 all have the leaf spring pop issue... not covered (normal).  Customer service sucks.

AND... the kicker... they called back today (so much fo the 24-48 hours) to tell me it is not covered.   Didn't offer a discount etc... nothing.   SAD

I have the spring noise, but it's brief and not that audible, and only in reverse. I'm not worried about it. It is not a structural concern.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

The warranty is explained pretty clearly 3 years or 36k, whichever comes first. I get being frustrated over it but if you want more coverage then buy it.

I buy the 100K extended every time.   A caliper not lasting 40k miles on a 1500!  A heater/AC fan not lasting 40k!  A wiper motor not lasting more than a year!!!   (It didn't rain more days because the heels went around often).  

It's the lack of quality in the build.   The quality has gone way down.   The fit/finish has all but been forgotten.   GM knows they are selling fleet trucks and don't care about the common consumer anymore.   I'm on my 17th truck.   Last 5-6 have ben junk.   Any noise is a bad noise.   Means metal on metal (most often) and premature wear.   I try to be loyal to the band, but they are no longer standing up to their end.