Wireless Charging In Center Console?

Has anyone added wireless charging to their center console? I was thinking about running a wireless pad to the socket that sticks out the back and placing the actual charging pad on the under side of the lid- this way I could potentially place my phone in that groove on top of the arm rest.

Thoughts?

Has anyone added wireless charging to their center console? I was thinking about running a wireless pad to the socket that sticks out the back and placing the actual charging pad on the under side of the lid- this way I could potentially place my phone in that groove on top of the arm rest.

Thoughts?
Do you have a power outlet inside the console top? Use that for power.

It's been done before, works fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

My truck being a '18 has the "best" of the charging pads and it still sucks.  Slow and pointless since you need to plug in to access Android Auto.  I wouldn't waste your time with this mod.
Sure, if you're actively using the device, the wireless charging is pointless. But if you're like me and switch to CB for comms on the road and let the phone idle, who cares! It'll work ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Sure, if you're actively using the device, the wireless charging is pointless. But if you're like me and switch to CB for comms on the road and let the phone idle, who cares! It'll work ok.

You have to take one hell of a long road trip to get any meaningful charge.  So why wouldn't you just plug it in at that point?  Plus, if taking a road trip, why wouldn't you have Android Auto (or CarPlay if you are an Apple Sheep) and have Waze running to see cops and get traffic detours?

Might be better just buying a quick charge phone holder. I have the iOttie fast wireless charging one and it charges while navigation and Bluetooth are running. In order to get a fast wireless charger to work properly you'll need to plug into the 110 port.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, durandetto said:

Might be better just buying a quick charge phone holder. I have the iOttie fast wireless charging one and it charges while navigation and Bluetooth are running. In order to get a fast wireless charger to work properly you'll need to plug into the 110 port.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

There is no reason to use the 110v port for fast wireless charging.  They make Qualcomm 3.0 fast charging USB ports that plug into the 12V socket and are pretty cheap to pick up on Amazon.  I use this + fast wireless charging cradle when I had my Escalade.