2008 Sierra All Terrain VortecMax

I have an 08 Sierra All Terrain with the 6.0l Vortec Max. I am wanting to replace the stock muffler with something a little bit louder. I am wanting to keep all of the factory pipe that is on it. Anybody know what muffler would just weld right in the factory area?  Not sure, but I think it is 3” in and 2.5” out that connects back to a 3” pipe. 

You may need to do minor modifications or just look for direct fit. I would look at Flowmaster but you have to be certain on the exact inlet size. 2.5", 3", 3.5".

Exhaust work is possibly one of the only tasks I just bring in to the shop. Just a simple muffiler swap should not cost that much more then a DYI...

Edited by Ralph Ciardullo

Just about all the aftermarket performance mufflers are going to be much shorter because the stock mufflers is fuggin huge.

Just get the correct offset muffer and pick up a 1-2 foot section of straight pipe from the local parts. That is exactly what I did years ago on my Sierra. It's one extra weld, so no biggy.

• Like 1