Speedometer off after bigger tires installed

Taz56

What part of Canada are you in? In Ontario the police generally wont even look at you for 19kph over the limit, they start popping people at 20+ kph. So not really a big deal here if you drive within 10kph of the posted limits. Seems like a fair price factoring in $110/hr labour rates + a non-OEM module. 

Edited by L86 All Terrain

Just now, L86 All Terrain said:

What part of Canada are you in? In Ontario the police generally wont even look at you for 19kph over the limit, they start popping people at 20+ kph. So not really a big deal here if you drive within 10kph of the posted limits. Seems like a fair price factoring in $110/hr labour rates + an OEM module. 

Alberta. 10%-15% is kinda the going un-spoken limit.. So 100KM's per hour, if you are going 110 or 115 they will not bother unless they are low on their quota LOL. However I have been passed by a cop going the other direction. I was doing 125 in a 110 zone and he flashed his lights but never turned around. Just letting me know that he knew LOL.

I typically go 10-15 KM over so the speedo being out means I am doing 15-20 over now.

9 minutes ago, Taz56 said:

Alberta. 10%-15% is kinda the going un-spoken limit.. So 100KM's per hour, if you are going 110 or 115 they will not bother unless they are low on their quota LOL. However I have been passed by a cop going the other direction. I was doing 125 in a 110 zone and he flashed his lights but never turned around. Just letting me know that he knew LOL.

I typically go 10-15 KM over so the speedo being out means I am doing 15-20 over now.

Spend the money on a decent radar detector and a jammer, they are fully legal in Alberta and I envy you guys because of it. I bought one while I was there on a trip once and got pinched within an hour of crossing the border back into Ontario. $400 fine and confiscation, but the cop forgot to hand in the ticket so I didn't have to pay. My cousin from Ft. McLeod got pinched for it too when he came to visit. 

1 minute ago, L86 All Terrain said:

Spend the money on a decent radar detector and a jammer, they are fully legal in Alberta and I envy you guys because of it. I bought one while I was there on a trip once and got pinched within an hour of crossing the border back into Ontario. $400 fine and confiscation, but the cop forgot to hand in the ticket so I didn't have to pay. My cousin from Ft. McLeod got pinched for it too when he came to visit. 

Have one. Uniden R3....... Does not stop instant on, no detector does. But it is damn good. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Think I got a dud. I have removed it, re-calibrated it and put it back in (twice now)..... No difference. Talking to on-line support is useless as they just tell me to "re-calibrate it and try again".

But basically I am driving along with cruise set at 123KM. The difference is about 5-6 KM per hour depending on the speed I am doing, the faster I go the bigger the difference. But my speedometer changes as I drive.

The GPS in my truck and the GPS on my radar detector both stay at 123KM and stay at that as that is my actual speed

The speedo in my truck goes 123 - 118 - 123 - 118 - 123 - 118

https://youtu.be/S3xCYEw0cWE

I have sent Rough Country this link as well so they can see it. 

Edited by Taz56