GMC Sierra 2500 HD leveling kit

I have read many threads about leveling kits and have a better understanding than before. But, I still need some guidance. For those of you that have a 2500 HD 4WD 2014- 2018 ( I have a 2017) and are running a leveling kit what would you recommend?  I had a leveling kit on my 1500 4WD and the ride was very firm especially over speed bumps! If I add a leveling kit do should I change the torsion keys? Do I need shock risers? Should I replace the OEM shocks?  Thanks!

Edited by mxlaxboys

Kryptonite leveling kit without a doubt.  I replaced my shocks with bilsteins 5100s designed for leveled trucks.  Kryptonite offers a kit that includes shocks.  IMO you dont need torsion keys, stock ones are fine.  I replaced mine with the keys kryptonite provided and they are damn near bottomed out and it sits level, I can only imagine cranking them up. 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 3:40 PM, gforce_15 said:

UCA's, diff spacer, and longer shocks if you want it to ride half decent and not wear out your front end as quickly

This, for real.

Diff drop helps the angle of the CV joints on the front axles, longer life not running at a higher angle.

Upper control arms made a huge difference in the way my truck rides, I added them later, and the difference was very noticeable.

You will need shock spacers or longer shocks. I've got some nice Bilsteins up front that I like. I run a BDS steering stabilizer, and some Cogneto steering braces.

Then you're going to get into wheel offset, that's the mounting point compared to the wheel centerline, backspacing is basically the same measurement. Positive offset makes the wheel and tire stick out more, negative offset keeps the wheel tire combo tucked in the wheel well.I used parts from several manufacturers, just keep in mind they all have to work together, or a crappy ride can result.

IMG_0186.JPG

Hi everyone! I bought just a 17 Denali from a dealer who leveled her. I have been doing some research on leveling the front and raising the entire truck. I would like to get some bigger tires, not sure what the dealer did exactly,to level the front. Looks like they cranked her up at the torsion bars. The UCAs are stock and I don’t particularly like how the ball joint is at an angle. So that is the first thing that  needs to be addressed. I would like to install a diff drop kit to straighten the cv shafts. I found this kit attached below. This may be just what the Dr ordered seems to cover everything, as far as leveling.

https://suspensionmaxx.com/product/SMX-GM-HD-STAGE2

What do you guys think of this kit? Anyone use this kit? 

FBF066EB-020C-4035-B53E-68BFDCBBCB00.jpeg

AAC4B4A0-410A-4634-BF64-E6DBE1ED917E.jpeg

$1349 USD just seems like crazy money to spend to achieve a 3" lift in the front properly. You could probably find a quality 4" lift kit for around the same price, although maybe I'm wrong. I tow a camper all the time with my truck so I left the rake to accommodate the weight of the camper. I'd seriously consider just lowering the rear 2" to get the leveled look, just my opinion

4 hours ago, gforce_15 said:

$1349 USD just seems like crazy money to spend to achieve a 3" lift in the front properly. You could probably find a quality 4" lift kit for around the same price, although maybe I'm wrong. I tow a camper all the time with my truck so I left the rake to accommodate the weight of the camper. I'd seriously consider just lowering the rear 2" to get the leveled look, just my opinion

youre 100% right. add on the tax and shipping and now youre at $1500.

for a leveling kit LOL? pass.