2019 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 All Star Grill

1 hour ago, MGMsilverado said:

Newbie question...

Just purchased my 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 a few weeks back and just recently noticed an interesting “bend” on my grill. It is located on the driver side.   Dealer states that all 2019 Z71s have this bend.  Is this the case?  If so, why?

B7D37710-D244-42D6-9735-8D027BB06D06.jpeg

They are not telling you the truth, if it is not the same as the passenger side, then....

The dealer is right, you have the ultra rare "Droopy Grille edition Silverado."  ?  Got to love those dealers, the "they all do that." dealers.  I can't imagine they can stick to their guns if you push it, and you should push it.  I know it's unfair to the good dealers, and there are some, but this is an example of why there is so much talk about stealerships on these boards.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Lie!!! That is a lie. Go to the dealer and tell them to contact GM.  It only melts w chrome bumper. The curve on the bumper creates a heat focal point that melts that point on Botha sides. I’m actually the first person to have noticed and now my dealer went out and checked their trucks. And found three trucks where they also melted. The dealer I contacted is martine Chevrolet in Torrance California. They are great. This is an issue that GM I now aware of and is starting to figure out the best solution. Mine was replaced and started melting a week later lol. 

Lie!!! That is a lie. Go to the dealer and tell them to contact GM.  It only melts w chrome bumper. The curve on the bumper creates a heat focal point that melts that point on Botha sides. I’m actually the first person to have noticed and now my dealer went out and checked their trucks. And found three trucks where they also melted. The dealer I contacted is martine Chevrolet in Torrance California. They are great. This is an issue that GM I now aware of and is starting to figure out the best solution. Mine was replaced and started melting a week later lol. 

You are replying to a 15 month old post without directly involving the participants. 

But, I do like the idea of just going to the dealer to call them liars, I am sure there have been other things they have not been truthful about.

Edited by JimCost2014